Comfort kit 5k+ distortions

Honestly, simply not possible without modification to the strap lengths and changing the velcro pad positions, and I can’t be bothered. I’ll wait for the MAS, because my Lenovo had a similar adjustment mechanism and could be attached quickly and comfortably. On the comfort aspect, it was superb.

1 Like

The top strap for me is to long as well, thats why you have to make sure the side straps is as low as it will go at the back on the side straps.

2 Likes

Could stitch more velcro on to compensate.

3 Likes

Thanks it’s OK, a counterweight is good enough for me until the MAS comes, it’s not worth any further work at this stage.

I also didn’t like having straps too tight which meant I started to lose circulation in my head :crazy_face: That has happened before!

3 Likes

Lets hope the MAS dose not have the same problems. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :headphones: :thinking:

2 Likes

:pray: :crossed_fingers: :rabbit2: :foot: :foot: :rabbit2: :crossed_fingers: :pray:

1 Like

Do you have access to any 3d printer?
had the same issue and fixed it printing spacer from Thingyverse.

combined with a Vive das no more distortions no more discomfort ( at least for me )

5 Likes

Hey Jean that’s great, I’ll try that! Would be mind giving us the link please? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

But that’s for the original face cowling, not the comfort kit

1 Like

it was in answer to Possyguset picture.

I don’t know why this topic has been derailed to the opposite problem. The screens are too far and not to close to the eyes with the comfort kit. It’s also not about narrow faces and light bleed. Please create your own topic for that.

1 Like

Yes, BUT, remember they have to fit the eye tracking + lens adapter inside the comfort kit, They should have made the comfort kit adjustable.

2 Likes

Yes as the op sure. However the Comfort kit has caused distortions and other issues for both too far away and some still need to have more space.

The key problem being is the Comfort Kit as @Possyguset and others have stated should have had Adjustable Pupil to lens similar to Vive Pro and Index’s eye strain relief.

It just comes back to the Comfort kit is another hit n miss on pimax headset. Hopefully we can get a 3d model of the Face Mask so that a more customizable face mask can be made to suit individual needs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.