CES 2018 demo details

I think the same thing applies to a racing game where you stay in the cockpit.

The problem with DCS is that if you choose a less dense map and fly very high, I do not
see what can be seen beyond the inside of the cockpit. In a car racing game, there will always be content around you, including other cars near you. This is just my opinion.

3 Likes

Please ad robo recall,you will show off what the pimax 8K is capable off.

Like how it handels fast movement,how the picture qaulity is and how it looks with a 200 field off view.

I think this is the best demo,
people can easily get into this game as you demo it!

3 Likes

I may be wrong, and I hope to be, but I believe that conveniently the choice falls on a “slower” game.

They are less demanding games, thats the main reason imo. But what we want to know mainly is how well does the headset perform, how confortable it is, how hot it gets, what is the final FOV , how does 80hz feel, how does ipd work, SDE, how does new lenses look, etc.

It would have been awesome if they would have showed us project cars 2 (for example) , with brainwarp running at stable 80hz, but the main thing is to check on the headset.

2 Likes

i thought dcs was meant to be pretty demanding.

Exactly!

@deletedpimaxrep1
We still have time to change! PCARS2!

I think DCS is the absolute best to demo, since we’ll be able to judge if we can clearly read all the cockpit small texts near the switches !

2 Likes

DCS is my most demanding VR title. Serious Sam is a decent performance challenge especially during swarming. Whatever Oculus game they choose to run will require Revive which will also offer some performance information. I hope they use Serious Sam 3 as I think it has some of the freshest levels.
As for approaching the difficulty of DCS. it would be fun to fly people around in the Huey door gunner position if the pc setup allowed for multicrew. I imagine most would get a kick out of the included P51 and SU25T just flying around. Just start them at altitude if they are new to flightsims. Me thinks there will be a few DCS fans at CES. The importance of DCS in relationship to the refresh rate issue cannot be ignored. This sim alone could answer the question of whether 80 hertz is good enough in terms of vr motion sickness.

3 Likes

Will fallout 4 vr even work?

1 Like

If you guys wanted a gorgeous yet accessible flight simulator, you should have chosen Aerofly 2…

1 Like

Hi Xunshu, thanks for sharing this! I’ve been trying to send a message but could not figure out how. I am one of key members of Korea’s biggest VR online community, VR Maniac ( VR ¸Å´Ï¾Ç : ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä ) and also an anthusiastic backer for your amazing Pimax 8K! I am flying to visit CES 2018 and really looking forward to seeing the 8K in person. I am wondering if I could reserve a demo slot at the Futurists section and share my experience with more than 45,000 members in VR Maniac community in Korea? I would really appreciate it if I could. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi. You need to send a private message to xunshu to reserve a time

Also add @deletedpimaxrep1 to your message to get her attention

Please report back to us with your review / Video from CES

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi Davobkk,
Thanks for your help. Really appreciated! However I still can’t find the way to compose a message :frowning:
I did follow your instruction; Went for the gray envelop icon and could read received messages but still there is no option to compose my own message to anyone. Maybe my Trust level is still New user that does not allow me full messaging features. I did email Pimax Support yesterday but no response so far…

When you click on your icon, there is an icon of an envelope (up to the right), press and then to the option new message

1 Like

Thanks tristanc, Still no luck :frowning: I could not find the option tab for new message. This is the screen i can see when I press the envelop icon.

Ok. Maybe you cant compose as a new user

@deletedpimaxrep1 can you please help @isequence to book a demo?

He is traveling to CES and is a top member of the Korean site VRmaniac

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Davobkk!
@deletedpimaxrep1 I would really appreciate it if you could drop a message to me? (Hope I could still read and reply back) or email ( isequence@gmail.com ) would be much appreciated. Hope I could share my experience with all of you. Many thanks!

1 Like

Reasons why is DCS better demo than Projectcars 2.
PC2 don’t have benefit from 200° as much as DCS. In combat flight sims awareness is constantly 360° horizontally and vertically as well as need for more dense resolution because you are have more need to easy read instruments than it is in car.

So reasons are more than obvious. If this work good in DCS in PC2 could work only better so everione could have great preview from this demo and if it is PC2 used for demo lot of questions will be stayed unanswered.

2 Likes

Let’s hope then that everyone at the CES experimenting the 8K knows how to play DCS to the point of going into combat and not just flying without doing anything.

I still think a game with racing cars would be better to evaluate the 8K at 80 Hz.

4 Likes

one more reason - DSC Word 1.5.5 is free with 2 planes :slight_smile:
and maybe they don’t need special comercial show licences or something like that…

1 Like