CES 2018 demo details

Hi Futurists,

We have collected and reviewed all your requests about games for demos, the top 10 games are: Elite Dangerous, Project Cars 2, Assetto Corso, Arizona Sunshine, Fallout 4 VR, Onward, Serious Sam, Lone Echo, DCS, Dirt Rally, Nature’s Treks VR

We picked DCS and Serious Sam for the demo.

Please understand there will be thousands of visitors, they are not all enthusiasts or gamers. Some games take at least 10 mins to play and the others are very difficult for new users. We cannot demo all the games for everyone with the very limited time.

There will be three demo areas with three 8K headsets named Cobb, Ari, and Eames.

Area 1: Meet Cobb in the futurists’ zone, you can play DCS, Serious Sam, and an Oculus game(tbc)

Area 2: Great for newcomers! Here people can play The Blue and Fruit Ninja with Eames

Area 3: Video demo with Ari

Note: Futurists zone is open for reservation. Backers, please message me to reserve a slot, or book a time on site.

15 Likes

Hi @deletedpimaxrep1

Can you provide any details on how Pimax 8K will work with Oculus games and Revive ?

I am wondering about Robo Recall and Lone Echo mostly, but all others as well.

4 Likes

Excited to see DCS make the cut. Can’t wait for the reviews too come out.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information, What computers are you going to use for the demonstration, can you tell us something?

1 Like

Thanks, we plan to demo Oculus games as well, will keep you posted.

3 Likes

https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm?srch-type=pavilion&srch-query=Gaming%20%26%20Virtual%20Reality&srch-showresults=true
Check out their neighbors. GL Pimax <3

3 Likes

Second this request. Knowing the gpu at least will give us an idea of expected performance on our own systems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GTX1070 or GTX1080 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Xunshu :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am cool with the limited demo choice for CES 2018, the real test will come when you deliver the 8K to selected reviewers who are allowed to run it with their choice of games and can check out e.g. the top 10 list you mentioned as being requested. Do you already know when you will be shipping the 8K’s to these select few, or is that all depending on the CES feedback and possible corrections to be applied as a result ?

1 Like

No we haven’t decide the shipping time. CES is a quiz. The staffs at the booth will keep reporting back the bugs/suggestions to the team.
You are right, reviewer testing is the final examination.

1 Like

One or other…or Both? depends on the area?

It depends on the condition of the computers when they arrive vegas. We will update before the show.

1 Like

If everything is fine on testing the 8K at 80Hz I think I’ll prefer to get the product on the first batch.
There’s going to be a survey on that, right?

1 Like

DCS is a Great Choice. Since they have very realistic scenery to fly over, it’ll really show off immersion, and you don’t need to restart the sim for each demo, just pause. Reviews of that will pique curiosity in the FS community, and lead to others finding the eventual reviews of other sims in 8k. Exciting.

2 Likes

Use your Best Hardware. Put your best footing on in this setting, and make honest claims about other hardware configurations to be proven out by your early adopters. But for CES have your product polished. Sell sizzle.

1 Like

What type and cable length will be used in demo?

The three areas wil use v5 8K headsets or you will use old prototype versions for two areas?

4 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1. @Pimax-Support

Will the newest version of the controllers be shown at CES as well or will HTC Vive Controllers be used in the demos.

I think most would really prefer if they can test the controllers and see the progress you have made since the first version of them.

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1

Project Cars 2 would be a better choice than DCS, considering a better test to the refresh rate at 80 HZ. Or am I wrong?

4 Likes