CES 2018 demo details

Will you be looking around at CES for new partners ?

1 Like

I would recommend Robo Recall as the Oculus demo. Itā€™s easy and quick to get into the action and everyone I know who tries it loves it.

1 Like

DCS requirements are massive considering the area the game and therefor the headset needs to render and constantly refresh. Think of being outside in an open field as DCS and in your office at work for Project Cars.

2 Likes

I believe this is a solid plan for CES. Nice work.

I wish I could be there to meet you and test everything but I really look forward to all the coverage. Exciting times!

3 Likes

I also think Robo Recall should be the Oculus game.

It is a lot of fun easy to play and very few get motion sickness playing it unlike Lone Echo.

As nice as it will be to hear from those who get to try it at CES it is the ā€œtestersā€ feedback that we need to make a decision as to when to when we should take shipment.

Thanks, xunshu:

Which one of all the Serious Sams?

There are four:

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter
Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE

From what I understand, Serious Sam 3 is the only stationary wave shooter of the four so I guess they will demo that to reduce VR sickness among the curious visitors.

The Last Hope is the wave shooter

Ok, cool, so they actually went back to full movement with SS 3. Good choice imo. I want everything full twisting, turning, strafing loco-locomotion. :slight_smile:

This is not the best demo setup what the pimax 8k can do.

You need a game like robo recall or lone echo or onward or project cars 2,

so we can see how these games perform with a 200 degree field of view and ofcourse the performance of the pimax 8K

1 Like

the performance of DCS in VR is not the best for say something

AFAIK The Last hope is the only stationary one ( also the only one built for VR, instead of a port of an existing game ).

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1 I basically agree with the idea of having the games which are easily approachable by the visitors and Serious Sam looks like a good choice as an easy shooter.

On the other hand how is DCS going to fulfill this role is hard to understand. Besides from what I read about DCS it already struggles at current gen headsets. It might be great that it offers the open scenery, but if that scenery passes at 45FPS it does not help much to assess the HW qualities of Pimax headset.

Do you plan to run off-site demos for the educated community of the games we have asked for as Elite or Project cars?

1 Like

I think DCS is a great choice. With the Pimaxā€™s fov and 4k panels weā€™re all excited to hear feedback on this one. It seems like an excellent way to show off this techā€™s visual advantages.

3 Likes

Yes for DCS!!!

Cant wait.

1 Like

You DCS fans should give @deletedpimaxrep1 some tips for the best game mode/ settings to run a demo

Whats the best map for easy gamplay?

5 Likes

I think they need to emphasize the visual quality, not playability, at CES. DCS is a great choice for the visuals. There are many people that arenā€™t very good gamers that would feel awkward playing a game and will be distracted emotionally rather than have mostly awe at what they can see in the 8k. Also, a flight sim is something you can simply pause, get a new demo user in, and unpause, again and again, like a nice little production line. You donā€™t want your customer excited/confused unless your product is crap. People donā€™t buy supercars because they make them feel awkward, but because they make them feel connected to the road.

Iā€™m not actually familiar with DCS other than a few videos that show great visuals. I donā€™t know how well it runs. I use prepar3d 4.1 with fly-inside and my pimax and I get a very satisfactory experience even with a 4 year old system. But prepar3d isnā€™t as pretty without addons, such as AS16, ASCA, and photoscenery, underlaying airports produced by Orbx. The appearance is very convincing, more than any other flight sim, but takes addons, time and experience to get there.

2 Likes

There will be updates about shipping plan later.

4 Likes

no mate last hope is the wave shooter.