Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

My next option would be a full clean windows installation (w10 btw) but that is a pain I would rather not go through if it is not necessary.

Have you tried to uninstall Zotac’s monitoring software? As it’s monitoring software might use similar methods to msi aftetburner.

No monitoring software of any kind is installed. Just Nvidia drivers.

So no Zotac Overclocking utility or GPUz etc? Is HAGs disabled etc?

May need to do a deeper dive. With hopefulky finding another Zotac user.

No Zotac or overclocking software or any kind, no.

For the card testing I used GPU-Z and Furmark, subsequently uninstalled.

If it’s helpful for comparison, I’m using a Zotac 4090 Trinity OC.

AMD 5900X
ASRock Tai Chi motherboard.
nVidia driver 526.47 (10/27/2022)
Windows 10

I have not installed any Zotac software. MSI Afterburner was still there from previously when I tried some overclocking on my previous 3080 Ti. Have uninstalled that now.

Having no issues.

1 Like

Then I would say an audit of processes maybe needed. And to confirm your not using Fpsvr?

Is it all vr titles or just some?

Tried HAGS on and off (I always have it off but I tried it on too).

Tried resizeable bar on & off, gen 4 PCI-e on and off. Overclockers CPU and non-overclocked CPU.

Tried switching off an on all the different settings in Nvidia, Pitool, motherboard (such as Intel turbo boost etc and updated bios version).

I’ve been doing all this for 10 days pretty much solid.

1 Like

Try also turning pimax home off.

If you can monitor the taskmanager for unusual usages.

Has Zotac responded?

Post your ticket number for pimac and @PimaxUSA & @PimaxQuorra can look onto the status of your ticket.

I have the Trinity OC too.

I’ve checked all my processes for anything at all running that could interfere, or that I wasn’t aware was running.

This happens in Pimax Home and everything else, so that’s with no Steam VR running, no Open XR, I don’t use FPSVR or anything else like that.

Looking at my list of processes it is pretty clean.

I have Soundblaster Z running in the tray and Nvidia only.

1 Like

Disable pimax home.

How was the old Nvidia driver removed? Uninstall only or complete with DDU?

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

Ticket is 33457.

I tried turning Pimax Home off, tried Experience and also tried the new client.

2 Likes

Ugh. That’s got to be terribly frustrating.

I think my suggestion at this point would be to start trying things in a different PC. Like try your 8KX on a friend’s PC and then try putting your 4090 into theirs and see if the problem persists.

You could be looking at some sort of bizarre compatibility problem with the motherboard, or something corrupt in your Windows installation, or who knows what when nothing else has worked. This starts getting into problems which may be specific to a very particular machine or very particular combination of hardware and firmware versions or whatever.

1 Like

I uninstalled and did a fresh clean installation. Tried the current driver and also 522.25.

I did a clean installation each time I swapped GPUs out.

1 Like

Agreed also look into bios and chpset updates from the mobo vendor.

1 Like

with DDU and without Nvidia Experience?

1 Like

Yea I already did the bios and chipset updates.

Yes it has been a miserable and frustrating ten days - especially after spending almost 2 grand on the 4090.

If it is some rare combo compatibility then that would be just my luck.

Tbh I always get good stuff. The Zotac is the ‘lowest’ brand I have bought if you could say that (and it is probably not fair to say that). My previous two GPUs were Asus RoG Strix & Tuf. Mobo is MSI z590. PSU HX1500i, RAM Corsair Dominator. They should all be pretty mainstream and respectable.

1 Like

No GeForce Experience, no.

2 Likes