Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

Unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of any friends with PCs I could do such testing with. I’m getting old and all my friends are it seems to old to be playing games.

But I’m divorced so….

1 Like

You haven’t answered the question about DDu yet. DDU and additional offline are the only way to completely remove old drivers.

1 Like

I’m almost tempted to upgrade mobo and cpu to 13900k but I don’t want to get myself into throwing money at the problem….which might not fix it anyway.

When I saw other people having the issue I thought it looked like a genuine issue with the new hardware and compatibility with drivers, firmware etc….but if everyone else’s problem was caused by Afterburner then….I’m stumped.

1 Like

DDU sorry what is that? I just uninstalled then ran the Nvidia driver installation.

2 Likes

Downloaded from Nvidia driver page

Uninstalled previous version from Windows Apps

I really need to go to bed now as am in the office early tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts and patience. Sorry again for getting so frustrated.

Will check in on this tomorrow and gladly take any suggestions I can try when I get home from work tomorrow night.

1 Like

and, if you remove with ddu and install new drivers your pc must be offline. Otherwise, Windows loads outdated drivers before.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try this tomorrow night when I get home.

Probably next will be clean Windows install.

2 Likes

good luck!

1 Like

Thank you. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Agreed it is very frustrating to upgrade to something better and have issues. Zotac in my experience makes good hardware.

Gigabyte typically makes good cards as well. However with the 30series specifically there seems to be an issue with some of there cards at least with pimax hmds. Which was surprising as the same cards from other vendors worked fine.

You have imho done a remarkable job attempting to debug this issue. Hopefully a root cause and fix is discovered soon.

Unfortunately it will not be as quick as preferred with this issue already in play for 10 days with the current fix not being applicable with your situation.

Well everyone at this point would be a premature conclusion as not all solutions are universal.

I would recommend against throwing money at trying to resolve this issue. That being said if you can exchange the card it might be worthwhile trying a different 4090 vender card.

@SweViver and @mixedrealityTV might also have some ideas.

I reinstall win and all staff, start pitool, make room setup. Now start steam vr and was ready to new room setup…but not needed !!! All was ready for using! How is possible it? How did steam vr settings get saved? Are they stored on steam? And how to delete them?

you don’t need to run steamvr room setup AFTER pitool room setup, pitool room setup is enough.

if you want to properly remove steamvr (1st post) :

1 Like

pitool setup is not enough! before I must be to every time steam room setup when reinstall anything ore change gpu and I know how to do it, not need this link, thanks…After format disk is all setting back in steam, all was deleted and reinstalled…

Same exact problem. I do not have Afterburner istalled

can you share your card vendor and if your using the vendor’s software.

It is Gainward Phantom 4090. I do not use any additional software. Gainward have a sorftware called ExperTools, but I have not installed this.

1 Like

Okay thank you this should help. Since the 3090 works and the 4090 is having issues it is likely due to changes in the architecture and will likely require Nvidia to put a fix in there driver and pimax will likely need to do dome adjustments on there side.