Can We Get Acknowledgement of the Pimax Specific RTX 4090 Latency / Lag Issue please?

Cool Kevin. Just curious are non msi venderd including Afterburner?

Definitely cool is this fixes it. Thanks for sharing this solution.

At this point on yours it might be some issue with the card hardware itself. You’ve eliminated most potential issues via swapping to your 3090 which you mention works perfectly. I imagine there are some new 4090s out there that don’t check out fully.

1 Like

With the 4090 being a new line it is possible that both Nvidia and/or pimax may need to update there drivers.

Where as the 3090 has been out for quite sometime.

Yeah you can install it on any brand and yes it is regularly included or simply installed by the customer after the fact. Sometimes they had an MSI card at some point in the past on the Windows install and it’s there due to that. It’s quite common as a result. Half the people I mentioned it to didn’t even remember it was there.

1 Like

I also logged a ticket with Zotac and ram burn-in and stress tests. Everything looks and perform perfectly.

In 2D the 4090 works perfectly.

This is what Pimax said about my hand tracking module too. Then when you released the Pitool ‘fix for leap motion not detected’ it worked perfectly.

So I take it you are still not acknowledging the problem - it’s great some people have no issue, and it’s great removing Afterburner helps with some people. For me, I still have the issue.

So it is my problem and no help will be given?

Yeah it is very common tool folks install. Myself have jist stuck with the Zotac software.

2D is not as intensive as VR. VR everything has to be double rendered.

This issue will likely need to be evaluated by Nvidia and pimax. On some cards as pointed out with those using Afterburner has been a cause. We would need to see what all vendors are affected.

You have added Zotac without Afterburner being present.

Well yes obviously. I’m just sharing that I have done all the tests and log analysis etc with the card and it is not faulty.

2 Likes

Post was purely a public service and has worked every time so far except for yours of course. This does not mean your issue is not valid and of course we need to find some solution.

You did switch to a previous card which is also quite high end similar to a 4090 and it worked. This is quite telling as it runs fine with all the same drivers, pitool, steamvr etc. without issue. It might only appear when you really push the card to the limits. With a 4090 2d games typically don’t push it as much as VR can.

1 Like

Which is what is needed to help figure out root causes. It is posdible that Xotac is using there own kind of afterburner built into there software. So one thing to try us uninstall the Zotac utility software.

So I am the only person with this issue??

Again this is in everything including Pimax Home.

It is nothing to do with the 4090 being pushed to its limits. A straight swap to the 3090 with everything exactly the same is fine so it can run Pimax home but the 4090 can’t?

What CPU and motherboard are you using?

1 Like

z590 Gaming Edge Wifi. i9-11900k. 64gb RAM. M.2 ssd.

I have installed only Nv drivers and Pitool, no other monitoring or overclocking applications. I keep it very clean and don’t overclock.

HX1500i.

I’ve tried on and off for all the bios setting such as gen 4, resizable bar etc. updated bios version to latest. I can’t resolve the lag.

I am not blaming. I am just asking for help.

BTW sorry for being so direct in all this but I have been troubleshooting and testing and swapping cards in and out for 10 days now and am just getting very frustrated at spending all the money and not being able to enjoy it. Editing this post as I can’t post any more here today.

1 Like

You said the key words except the 4090. I would check with the reddit thread @vulcan78 linked as it is too early to say if your the only one not using aftetburner software.

Maybe Vulcan can ask in his topic there if folks are usung afterburner or not. If not what vendor cards are affected.

You and vulcan78 are pushing on Pimax to acknowledge that it’s their problem when that hasn’t been established. You both seem to be convinced that you have isolated it down to being a Pimax bug, but there are a lot of different components from different companies interacting in the video pipeline, and you really can’t make such a judgement about the culprit based on some isolation testing alone. It could be a bug with Pimax. It could also be coming from something else. It’s premature to blame Pimax as definitely the cause.

Seeking help from Pimax to get their analysis on the problem is indicated. It might be their fault, or their analysis might be able to help determine where its coming from. I’d just recommend asking for help on this without leading with the accusation.

1 Like

I have bumped your user level as the forum system waa being problematic. I hope it has not caused you any inconvenience.

I am leaning at this point on the hypothesis that this is related to changes in the Architecture that is not playing well with monitoring software. similar to msi afterburner.

We saw something similar as I recall with fpsvr awhile back.

1 Like

Thank you. Again I’m sorry for venting my frustrations. I am not blaming, but I am feeling kinda helpless. I am asking for help and trying to find a solution.

I have a ticket with Pimax Support but haven’t heard back since I provided debug logs last week.

As I said I do support Pimax and I sell how good they are to people all the time. And I don’t blame any individuals in support either. They do their best.

It is cutting edge technology and I get that it is complex. As I say if other brands had an issue I would look straight to Nvidia or Zotac. This does appear to be a compatibility between them - so it could also be Nv but it would require both companies to work together to some extent.

I’ve just kinda done everything I can at my end and have pretty much nothing left to try - but am absolutely open to any suggestions anyone has and I will test it out.

Note that even though the nVidia driver version may be the same, the 4090 may be using different parts of that driver package than the 3090 does. In particular, the support for the 4090 is new, while the code that’s driving the 3090 may not have been updated relative to previous versions of the driver package.

1 Like

Yes I patiently uninstalled and clean installed the Nv drivers when swapping out cards in case there was some difference in installation when either 30 or 40 card was installed.

But yes it could be a change in how those drivers work absolutely.