Calm and civil discorse about update 31-07

@deletedpimaxrep1 I’m quite happy overall with this latest update, thank you.

Based on the below quote can you tell us if the GTX 1070 will perform reasonably well in most games at a minimum of 170 degrees FOV??

“We have integrated different FOV options in PiTool for users to choose from. 1070 users would use smaller FOV before upgrading graphics cards”

So M2 is CONFIRMED that it’s a completely new and different headset from M1 right lol…? just making sure. And they said 230 M2 headsets will be produced first (we don’t know when though) and they stated mass production will begin now with this 230 headsets batch. If that’s the case, it means hardware is FINALIZED. Or else, why would they continue with mass production…?

Someone correct me if i’m being mistaken or i’m assuming wrong please.

5 Likes

About production/shipping schedule, does that mean 230 units will be shipped to backers before August 31st, 700 more before Sept. 30th, and 2000 before the end of October ?

2 Likes

I don’t think the First 230 units Will be’ sent to backers. They Will be’ used for the meetups mostly in my understanding.

1 Like

hope someone answers your and my questions lol, i also am confused about this…

1 Like

Oh and btw everyone, Sebastian from MixedRealityTV liked Xunshu’s new update post! so good news that the most critical tester is agreeing with her update (unlike last time :joy:)

1 Like

Ik would like one in Holland, too :wink:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from [Updated0731]Pimax 8K progress update:

I believe you can take that as meaning they will send the 230 units to backer but i could be wrong. Since if they used those for the backer meet up it does actually impact the mass production.

I took that to mean they Will not stop production while doing the meetups. They Will show the m2 in these meetups so i think they Will be from this First 230 units’ batch.
Furthermore, First couple hundreds units of a mass production are usually not meant for consumers.

By the way i’m also happy with this update. Seems like by the end of November pretty much all backer will have there head set so with a bit of luck i will be able to get myself one for December as christmas gift(to myself ^.^).

1 Like

I think if these units were supposed for backers - it would be clearly mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

i wonder about that. i dont think they have the logistics to do 20 simultaneous tests let alone 230.

3 Likes

It could be but if I’m been nit picky :stuck_out_tongue:
That would affect the production capacity hence affect the mass production.
But it doesn’t bother me one way of the other since they won’t be needing all the 230 units for those meetups.

@industria they listed the 230 unit and then said 700 unit in the same sentence as a continuation saying they will keep scaling up. Make want to believe in the chance of a few backer been lucky this month.

Also if i’m not wrong some tester already got those “M2/M1 enhance unit” and they will have to send them back some time. They might even use those tester for the meetup but i’m totally just taking this out of thin air there is no info to even make me think that.

I’m happy with this update - first time they give us a lot of specific informations about m1 , m2 and issues, and progress etc. Looks like very honest update and I appreciate they finally did it.

6 Likes

be carefull oldest M might works better :wink:

This is pure speculation, but it might be that the 90 Hz refresh rate (vs 80 Hz for the 8K) allows for a better experience. If the GPU can’t keep up and is inserting reprojections, an effective FPS of 45 (90/2) is better than 40 (80/2).

1 Like

“Worth to mention that, with GTX 1070, 5K performs better than 8K.”

That statement doesn’t make sense to me. I thought the input for both would be 2560x1440 and only the 8k would upscale by internal chip? Isn’t it true anymore?

@neal_white_iii
according to your argument, the 8k should run even better, because it only requires 80 or 40 instead of 90 or 45 fps lower cut-off frequency

5 Likes

They mention about performance for me this mean FPS and not overall expirence.

1 Like

I hope they have a meet up in NYC so I can test the M2.

So to get this clearly… if we get our headsets before the software is completely finished, we will get further software updates and have the exact same software as people who waited to get their headsets correct ?

“we will get further software updates and have the exact same software as people who waited to get their headsets correct”

I think this is the case, which in my opinion is a no brainer, if that’s what stands…

1 Like