Calm and civil discorse about update 31-07

this is still the unclear point of Xunshu’s updates

I think M2 is going to be final for Hardware, but retail down the road may see improvement if other issues arise over time… just a guess, no evidence for this.

I could be wrong, but I think the situation is:

Pimax wants M2 to be the last iteration. If the testers agree, then it will be the last iteration and what we’ll get. If the M2 is terrible, then we’ll have to wait for M3. But I’m guessing we’ll eventually have to settle for weird distortion at the edge of the FOV. I’m ok with that.

1 Like

Yeah if I can get the final headset with no hardware changes needed. I’d like to get the headset now rather then wait for software updates.

1 Like

Yeah her update seems to imply that only software changes will be occurring after M2 with no further hardware changes, but it would be nice to hear that stated clearly. @deletedpimaxrep1?

2 Likes

I agree, I think that was what was implied or attempted to be expressed, but hearing it clearly put would be exciting as it will confirm delivery to backers making it the light at the end of the tunnel!

1 Like

We need to know who will be able to try the m2 in these meetings…will it be original m1 testers or will other backers be able to try it. I’m hoping it’s the latter

“During the backer meetups, you can let us know, in person or by email, whether you are willing to receive earlier even when the software still need time to reach the consumer level…”

The update was sent to backers and says backers can ‘let them know in person’ at the meeting… I believe they are referring to backers in general.

The update specifically said that any backer would be able to test. The question is going to be if any of the test locations will be near you. I feel 100% certain that there won’t be one anywhere near me though (Charlotte, NC)

1 Like

i think here in holland wont be a test location too…

Yes if i’m understanding correctly current plans are to start mass producing m2 next month if no major hardware issues are found by testers. Then according to the Plan It would take 3 months (end of october) to produce HMDs for all backers. In the meantime Pimax would keep on improving software and UX. Of course noone knows to which degree things Can be’ improved, but there’s nothing anyone Can do anyway so It would be’ pointless to wait more. Hope @deletedpimaxrep1 Can confirm our interpretation of the update is correct.

1 Like

Why 5k is better on 1070? I thought that is the same resolución and perfomance but 8k has a better screen and has a scaler chip. Can chip need something calcs for Graphics card or procesor??

If pimax asked us if we want pimax 8k before software is ok, they must say us there is no more hardware changes, or if something about hardware can changes i prefer wait to final hardware, i dont have any hurry.

10 Likes

i think here in holland wont be a test location too…

You had a chance to test it in Amsterdam in 2017 :wink:

I’m backer #13, with the 8k-X and early ship option selected.

I will very, very gladly take an M2 with alpha/beta software. I work for a company that makes gaming software (including VR) and would like to test this stuff with what we are building.

4 Likes

Hope there will be, if so i would definitely go.

I also make VR gaming and I need it for my work

I am excited about new equipment.

Now we have the new equipment that supports 190 FOV test, it definitely will help the engineers to test and correct the distortions at the edge, the accuracy will be largely improved.

This is the big issues which I have concern for a long time, hope this issue can be solved soon.

2 Likes

Another question @deletedpimaxrep1
Can you please confirm if the 8k needs FCC/CE certificaton and what are Pimax plans and timeline about It?
Thanks

2 Likes

Nice to see an update, but I will start to count the hours until the mood swings here and people feel they still aren‘t any wiser.

We shall see what happens with the 230 units, and I am not so sure I would want to receive one of that batch because I suspect that they will continue to tweak them from production run to production run learning from feedback from the preceding run. But I don‘t have to worry with my 3xxx no. anyhow, mine will be produced in a couple of months if things go well. But it appears as if the numbers given are per month.

I will hold my horses and wait for the beta testers reviews when they finally are allowed to speak. And I will try to visit a demo, I don‘t mind to drive over for 3-4 hours if required.

3 Likes

in my country will not have meetings for sure. i hope at least a stream. could be interesting

1 Like