Bigscreen Beyond - 5k OLED and tiny

i wonder if micro oled made any advancements with the mura oled issue,because psvr2 reminded me how bad it was on the rift and unlike the SDE it hasnt evolved at all on psvr2 i think its even worse

2 Likes

Yeah ! i am pretty impressed by this one and i would get one if it would have a fov like the crystal on wide lenses.

Imagine such a small thingy would be awsome.

4 Likes

Actually seems like it does. Bigscreen advertised their FOV as much lower than it actually is. Early reports say people are seeing up to 102 horizontal FOV, which is almost the same as crystal (Crystal renders 103).

1 Like

did those reports measured it?people said crystal is like “small mode” on 8kx at the shows,but its far from it.

2 Likes

From the first specs shared, I always suspected something about potatoe. The larger FOV came about more as a request on the forums.
But the fact that Pimax later gave in to the users’ wishes with the numbers is silly.

Yeah, I know 4 separate people that have reported the FOV and all are the same.

Whether or not it is at all possible to come near to, or even break 100°, I really, really do appreciate them (allegedly) erring on the honest side.

Come to think of it, I think the greater detractor for me may be another number I seem to recall I heard them mentioning, being: 8 bits per channel… I’d really like my next HMD to have some level of HDR (with a “more than lip-service” floor to: “some level”)… :stuck_out_tongue:

For me this was really a hard descision, becuase the form factor of the bigscreen is awsome !
But as all those pimaxians i do care for FoV so i reather invest in the 12kR.
If the bigscreen hmd had 160 i would buy that one !

I like the stripped down LH configuration. Add a Pimax fov and we can talk. This add a face plate crap is silly. Just put that tiny LH chip back in, dump the Qualcomm and make a PC device to donate organs for.
But that’s just me :grinning:

2 Likes

78hfov /78 vfov measured by a beta tester :skull: on pimax discord

2 Likes

without words.

2 Likes

That same user’s rendered FOV matches the advertised FOV. Seems like the facial interface was setup poorly for them or something, which is bizarre as that’s one of the big features (although I guess that’s the whole point of a beta test).

2 Likes

Look who’s back.

2 Likes

That’s the same video of the last year, but now with japanese text instead of english.

I really hope that they deliver the headset to all the backers in the diferent platforms, but they attitude until is not a good sign.

1 Like

it’s weird that they are now pandering to a different market while still leaving the current backers in the dark.

1 Like
1 Like

Such a shame the FOV wasn’t 103 degrees. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m not sure why any manufacturer making a tethered headset obsesses on size. Yes it makes sense when it’s a mobile device and you want to keep it small and light.

1 Like

Exactly. Why go for a 1 inch display? Why not 2 inch, bigger lenses, bigger FOV and 10 times the sales?

Is it because they know Index2 will fill this space?

Indeed late 2024 or 2025 should have some nice things out.

1 Like