Automobilista 2

FFR = OFF
PP = On
Smart Smoothing = OFF

Good to see the multiplayer mode comingā€¦any sim that can do cross-play with scheduled multiplayer events could compete with iRacing, since theyā€™d introduce consoles, but it seems no one wants to do that. Duno if AMS2 will hit consoles though.

PCars 3, itā€™ll be a great racing game for VR players who are ā€œscaredā€ of sims. There are a ton of people who want that (something like Forza in VR). It should be easy enough to use (not much tweaking/paying attention to tire wear/fuel, just racing)ā€¦plus the ā€œdeepā€ campaign, which is still uncertainā€¦just waiting for more trailers/gameplay.

Forza Horizon in VR would be amazing, just driving around a huge open worldā€¦I just bought L.A. Noire VR so I can do thatā€¦the VR mod + wheel mod for GTA V is awesome too, but Iā€™m waiting to upgrade my PC to enjoy that. Hopefully the re-re-release will give us better framerates. I just like driving around in VR, haha.

2 Likes

I agree, iĀ“m sure this is exactly why they are going this route with PC3, there is way more money to get making the game more casual, since there is a much larger player base.

1 Like

Cool thanks, I will try that tonight or tomorrow night :slight_smile:

1 Like

ItĀ“s a game changer :+1:

1 Like

What Wheel do you use? I was lucky to get a used Fanatec Elite on EBay after looking for years.

1 Like

The Moment I read that they where aiming to compete with Forza and co. it died for me. My Boys play Forza Horizon and Crew 2 - nice games for arcade style driving - no need for a try with PC3 in my opinion. Its sad, I really would have loved them to go deeper down the sim racing lane. If they then also include an ā€œarcadeā€ mode, fine - but it smells like arcade mode and then if you want we pretend to be a sim also. Well I got ACC und AM2 - that will be fine for many enjoyable hours.

I still have hope that ACC also includes LMPā€™s in some time - I love the FIA World Endurance Championship races - I live near the NĆ¼rburgring and went to watch the 6 Hour raceā€™s a couple times - its an awesome mix of cars and really nice for the family (ok, the boys in the family) since its very affordable and very interesting - its like 20% of what F1 would have cost and much more diverse in cars and the race.

2 Likes

Nice wheel! I have access to a Simcube 2 pro just around the corner. At the moment iĀ“m still using my Thrustmaster T-500 RS until i saved some money for the Simcube 2.

1 Like

I had the T-300 before, it was also nice, but the Fanatec is definitely an upgrade worth it :-). The Simcube is a bit over my budget :wink: after all the VR Upgrades.

1 Like

Anyone tried AM2 in Oculus mode on his pimax so far?

1 Like

Ok, you got me - drives really nice - still need to get used to the setting and cars, but there is enough to have lots of fun. Some cool tracks that are coming, cant wait for the NĆ¼rburgring to appear, especially the if they add the nord schleife :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Missing it. Good that i bought the deluxe version with season pass. Coming soon! :crazy_face:

1 Like

You mean running it with the steam_appid file with 1066890 inserted and placed in in the Automobilista 2 folder ?
I did try it but could not turn off PP - maybe I missed something.

Edit: I found this and tried it (except the oculus libs, since i have it installed), but nothing happens:

EDIT: It WORKED! - must have made a mistake
I just used the link directly and it works
ā€œC:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exeā€ J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk

3 Likes

what link do you mean? i have maked the steam_appid txt whit 1066890. is this -useoculussdk in start launch?

1 Like

do i need this files to Lib_OVRRT32_1-.dll and Lib_OVRRT64_1.dll_

1 Like
  1. I created the steam_appid.txt in the automobilista 2 folder with 1066890/othervr as text in it.
  2. I made a link in the automobilista 2 folder named AMS2Oculus (name it what you like)
  3. Edit the Path of the link to what @MarkkuE said in my case ā€œC:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exeā€ J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk

Double Klick the new link

I am not sure if that is all needed, I guess it works without the appid file? With that I do get Oculus Mode in Steam, but it starts in Steam VR none the less, even if i select it and PP is needed.

4 Likes

told you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes you did :grinning: :+1:
Edit: The Profile is also very nice! Thanks, it helps a lot!

1 Like

okey i got a message , when i try to save Path ā€œC:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exeā€ J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk in the short cut from OVR_Launcher_x64.exe. its says i got wrong path file . i can`t save the new link in the short cut.

thnx for help

1 Like

Is that correct that you also have it on drive J?

1 Like