Automobilista 2

no, i changed this to c:/

1 Like

Have you tried to set it all in quotes instead of ending after the first part? Then change it again once it’s created

i get it to work now . thx

but i struggle whit pitool 1.0 to get 90hz 2080ti 8700k 32g 3600mhz

1 Like

Are You still trying to use 400% SS?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/assetto-corsa-competizione-settings-help/29042/2?u=drwilken

Just an FYI. I use PiTool quality 1.0, SteamVR supersampling 100% (in any game) and tweak in-game settings as high as possible.

9900K/2080Ti/4000MHz RAM.

1 Like

i use pitool 1.0 in steam vr is 500% pixel 2500*something and use ingame vr pixel 150 % resulotion 100% i use smart smoothing, so my fps i stable at 45fps 15 ms

acc btw

8k+ 2080ti 8700k 5 ghz 32 g ram 3600mhz ssd 970 samsung

Again i see your settings are now 500% steamVR SS. You’re obviously doing it completely wrong. Leave it at 100%. If you have a 2080Ti maybe you can push higher. even with my specs i dont do over 120% normally. Iracing is my highest at 140% SteamVR SS

I Dont like motion smoothing either. I keep it off

2 Likes

Again. You’re not running 500% supersampling since You’re being limited by maxRecommendedResolution in SteamVR (default is 4096).

No GPU could handle those settings if they were indeed in effect.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/maxrecommendedresolution-where-to-set/26682/8

If that limit was not there You would be trying to render a resolution that’s approximately 7,5 times bigger than the resolution being sent to the headset.

Something like 19170*10800 (it’s actually slightly more in reality).

Trust me, that’s not happening anytime soon… At least not with a frame rate anywhere near acceptable… :grin:

4 Likes

Right… You’re probably maxed out at around 200% and “clipping” the graphics back

1 Like

On another note, can anyone share their VR settings for AMS2?
I got it pretty good but I’d like to push it as far as I can.
Anyone with similar specs that can let me know what you have set for a 5k+?

In-Game, SteamVR SS, and PiTool?

PC Specs: 9900KS, 2080Ti, 32gb

I just played with some settings and I got a flickering of vertical lines when i changed pitool from 120hz to 90hz and restarted steamVR and AMS2 - it was the same flickering of vertical lines in the middle of both eyes that i had in ACC2 when i pushed the graphics too hard.

Also, if i use 120hz, i get 80-90fps i noticed using PiTool 1.0, practice session on Bathurst with AI… But when i dropped to 90hz, i noticed the fps tanked to ~50fps for some reason.

Another thing i noticed while playing on 120hz (which is what seems playable to me because i get 80-90fps if i set it to 120hz), is that the GPU is about 70-75% utilization. I can pump up the GPU Catalyst to 1.0, 2.0, and even 3.0… At 3.0 i was getting 94-95% GPU utilization and i was fpsVR was showing 100-120fps, but i saw the flickering vertical lines started to show up.

Does anyone know what these vertical lines are? Could it be a bad Pimax 5k+ cable?

1 Like

I know nothing about AM2. Why are they using the PC2 engine? No wonder the rain effects look the same…i was watching some videos last night.

1 Like

Could be to much memory frequency of your gpu. Decrease mhz of your gpu memory by 50/100Hz and try again.

Always check the resolution rendered in steamvr-video settings menu. Also @120Hz the fov and resolution should be less than @90Hz.
Check the frametimes with steamvr integrated performance overlay or fpsvr and work your way up in resolution from around 1800 vertical pixels on.

Because it’s simply one of the best looking game engine. And am2 adds all the better physics and detail in ff pc2 is lacking.

2 Likes

I know but why Slightly Mad Studio let them use the engine?

Money, maybe :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Same reason ID software let Valve use their engine to make half life.

Hi guys, i just whant to let you know that i used this method in the link below, to gain around ~20 FPS in Automobilista 2.

I used those +~20 FPS to tinker a new VR setup which makes it now possible for me to play at Nighttime + at heavy Thunderstorm or any Time or Weather @ solid 90 FPS.

I set Catalyst @ 10, GPU usage goes up to around 96-99 if needed. Gameplay- (Worldgraphics) doesnt judder, only HUD sometimes, but i turn off the HUD anyways most of the time, so i dont care. I take the trade!

https://community.openmr.ai/t/windows-2004-hags-nvidia-pitool-261-catalyst-dcs/28905

Picture: 60x Timeshift and Random weather @ 90 FPS makes this an epic VR experience!

7 Likes

If your smart smoothing is on like for the post you linked, you’re actually getting 45 fps.

1 Like

Not sure if you´ve read the whole link, he said: “Switched off smart smoothing, to try to cause stuttering immidiately.
The result: High GPU usage (up to 98%), higher framrates and almost completely eliminated the stuttering and lag for me while using catalyst at 10.”

Plus i never use Smart Smoothing if possible. I said 90 FPS, so it´s 90 FPS not 45 :slight_smile:
Cheers

2 Likes