Automobilista 2

PP needs to be turned ON. I did compare VR performance between PC2 and AMS2 and it´s about the same. But that was an early access build.
Reiza is talking about improvements on gras and trees in the upcoming release Build today. So there might be performance benefits, not sure for now.

1 Like

Final Release is out now, best Sim IMO :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Better then ACC?
I backed of after the none standard official cars and unsure if I can feel the improvement over PC2 in the earlier version - or maybe being used to ACC now the improvement over ACC.

Edited

1 Like

Like i´ve said ACC is very good and is probably the best GT3 Sim so far. Only the grip is a bit to much is what even real GT driver say. But not a big deal to debate.

In AMS2 the Physics are mindblowing good!
And of course AMS2 has way more Car content… Trucks, Karts, F1, Stock Car, Prototypes, you name it. And they are ALL FUN!

There are official cars like the Brasil Stock Car 2019-20 for example, the Caterham´s, and more.

Like i´ve said earlier, AMS2 is not PC2, they are very different. It´s like night and day.
I haven´t touched AC,ACC,I-Racing,PC2,RF2, since almost 100 hours AMS 2 now and in no Sim i had sooo much fun. Plus in VR it´s a dream came true, looks so good.

Yes they have to iron out some minor Bugs and only a few cars have to be a little more tweeked,which they are already working on.
But even so far, to me it´s the best Sim, i just thought about deinstalling all others to make room on my SSD no joke. If I play another 50h AMS2 without touching other Sim, i´ll do it :slight_smile:

Steam revievs are very, very positive too :+1:

Edit: Bad revievs are mainly because Final version is 1 day old and not finished. Which is true, but to me missing windshield wipers etc. are no big deal… They will add it in soon…

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - damn I guess I need to give it another try and drive longer.m, I miss chasing the LMPs around.

1 Like

Did you get the main Game only or also the season pass - the season pass seems a bit price heavy.

1 Like

@SweViver a must test for the DFR :wink: - a Racing comparison would be cool (as also Flight Sims)

I´ve got only the game, but i will get the season pass without any doubt.
Did you get the game or do you still consider to get it?

1 Like

I got it a while ago and refunded - I have been sitting since my first post here today in front of its steam store page :laughing:… Finger itching…

Edit I only drove like 15 Rounds and was unsure if it’s worth pushing PC2 of the drive…

1 Like

@xHDGx so still considering getting it and with the current price plus the 5€ off it’s a fair deal…

1 Like

ok the thing is, the physics changed every new patch through out early access.
Physics today is way more optimized then 1-2 Month ago.
And there are also hyper realistic “Custom FFB” builds on Reiza forum to get even more out of the good FFB.

Just in case you are getting the game, then let me know and i can lead you through the FFB files.

But remember the game is still like a growing baby and is not finished, Reiza shouldnt have called it Final Release yesterday IMO.

But as i´m writing, they have just released a 122.7 MB Bug fix! This shows their dedication to their Sim. And thats exactly why i belive in them, they work very hard to make it great!

2 Likes

I´m going to drive some Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup Series now, see you later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok got it …
Strange bug - Started ACC and instead of having 45-50 FPS it was sitting at 18 … I fiddelt all I could and got it to 24 … I have no Idea why only steam and nvidia updated so something happen there. Also GPU load goes to 89 90 and above.

So I took it as a sign and got ATM2 - but I also just get 20 FPS, I then tuned down and got it to 36… really strange, also again almost 90 GPU utilisation without any GPU catalys - was so happy the other day that it all was running good lately - some stuff thats in the Updated Arrangement for the 2004
Windows Update maybe?

I did try Dirt2.0 - that seemed more normal but also not up to the highes refresh rates.

EDIT: It works again - after I used a Precision X to play a bit with the GPU MhZ and Powerthreshold - now I get 60+ in AMS2 and again near 50 in ACC - very strange, never had that bevore. Also the utilization is back in the lower 80 again…

1 Like

thats not good, i´ve checked 2004 release notes and couldnt find anything that could harm your gaming performance :thinking:

Good to hear that you´ve found the problem :+1:

1 Like

here is the FFB file i´m using and it´s godlike!
By klicking on the Link below it should lead you right to NuScorpii post #1231.
Download that .txt file and put it in to your C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Automobilista 2 folder.
In AMS2 go to Steeringwheel settings and switch FFB settings from “Default” to “Custom”.
You might whant to tinker the strenght to your needs.

1 Like

The game looks nice…but…I need some sort of campaign…I can only drive around track vs AI or hotlap for so long before I get bored. Multiplayer = iRacing for me, so, I’m looking forward to Project Cars 3, even if I can’t go into the pits… What’s funny is I dreaded learning about car setups until I played PCars 2…the Radical race at Oran park on a cold night forced me to learn how to set up a car, because the car felt terrribblle. Finally learned a bit about how the setups work from that…Then most of the races/cars after felt good enough to not change the setup much.

Now that PCARS 3 will have an “easier” setup, I’m happy I learned a bit more than what will probably be needed.

2 Likes

i have 8k+ 2080ti 8700k 5 qhz 32gram 3600mhz pitool 261 firmware 264

what settings is good? run true oculus or steam vr ? bought on steam btw.

1 Like

Yes understandable, more content will be added. They work on official multiplayer events and rating / ranking system to be released too.

A Savetycar /full course yellow rules is also one of their goals, so i´m very excited.

I´m skipping PC 3, the fact there will be no Tire wear and no Fuel usage is a no go for me.
Also from the Trailers so far and the fact that Codemasters took over, smells like Arcade game, which is not my type of genre.
And on top of that, i was disappointet with PC2 and the lack of proper physics and Bug fix support.
So no Project Cars 3 for me this time :slight_smile:

Yes, tinkering Setups is so much fun and feels good if you know where to tweek, to get the cars going :+1: :star_struck:

1 Like

I´m happy in steam vr mode at 70~80 FPS SteamVR @ 100%, Pitool @ 1.25, utilizing 120 HZ profile Normal FOV.

Oculus mode in PC2 gave me some weird thin black lines around the screen which realy disturbed me.
So i havent touched Oculus mode since then.

smartsmooting on’?,