Automobilista 2

Nice wheel! I have access to a Simcube 2 pro just around the corner. At the moment i´m still using my Thrustmaster T-500 RS until i saved some money for the Simcube 2.

1 Like

I had the T-300 before, it was also nice, but the Fanatec is definitely an upgrade worth it :-). The Simcube is a bit over my budget :wink: after all the VR Upgrades.

1 Like

Anyone tried AM2 in Oculus mode on his pimax so far?

1 Like

Ok, you got me - drives really nice - still need to get used to the setting and cars, but there is enough to have lots of fun. Some cool tracks that are coming, cant wait for the Nürburgring to appear, especially the if they add the nord schleife :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Missing it. Good that i bought the deluxe version with season pass. Coming soon! :crazy_face:

1 Like

You mean running it with the steam_appid file with 1066890 inserted and placed in in the Automobilista 2 folder ?
I did try it but could not turn off PP - maybe I missed something.

Edit: I found this and tried it (except the oculus libs, since i have it installed), but nothing happens:

EDIT: It WORKED! - must have made a mistake
I just used the link directly and it works
“C:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exe” J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk

3 Likes

what link do you mean? i have maked the steam_appid txt whit 1066890. is this -useoculussdk in start launch?

1 Like

do i need this files to Lib_OVRRT32_1-.dll and Lib_OVRRT64_1.dll_

1 Like
  1. I created the steam_appid.txt in the automobilista 2 folder with 1066890/othervr as text in it.
  2. I made a link in the automobilista 2 folder named AMS2Oculus (name it what you like)
  3. Edit the Path of the link to what @MarkkuE said in my case “C:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exe” J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk

Double Klick the new link

I am not sure if that is all needed, I guess it works without the appid file? With that I do get Oculus Mode in Steam, but it starts in Steam VR none the less, even if i select it and PP is needed.

4 Likes

told you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes you did :grinning: :+1:
Edit: The Profile is also very nice! Thanks, it helps a lot!

1 Like

okey i got a message , when i try to save Path “C:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport\OVR_Launcher_x64.exe” J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2.exe -useoculussdk in the short cut from OVR_Launcher_x64.exe. its says i got wrong path file . i can`t save the new link in the short cut.

thnx for help

1 Like

Is that correct that you also have it on drive J?

1 Like

no, i changed this to c:/

1 Like

Have you tried to set it all in quotes instead of ending after the first part? Then change it again once it’s created

i get it to work now . thx

but i struggle whit pitool 1.0 to get 90hz 2080ti 8700k 32g 3600mhz

1 Like

Are You still trying to use 400% SS?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/assetto-corsa-competizione-settings-help/29042/2?u=drwilken

Just an FYI. I use PiTool quality 1.0, SteamVR supersampling 100% (in any game) and tweak in-game settings as high as possible.

9900K/2080Ti/4000MHz RAM.

1 Like

i use pitool 1.0 in steam vr is 500% pixel 2500*something and use ingame vr pixel 150 % resulotion 100% i use smart smoothing, so my fps i stable at 45fps 15 ms

acc btw

8k+ 2080ti 8700k 5 ghz 32 g ram 3600mhz ssd 970 samsung

Again i see your settings are now 500% steamVR SS. You’re obviously doing it completely wrong. Leave it at 100%. If you have a 2080Ti maybe you can push higher. even with my specs i dont do over 120% normally. Iracing is my highest at 140% SteamVR SS

I Dont like motion smoothing either. I keep it off

2 Likes

Again. You’re not running 500% supersampling since You’re being limited by maxRecommendedResolution in SteamVR (default is 4096).

No GPU could handle those settings if they were indeed in effect.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/maxrecommendedresolution-where-to-set/26682/8

If that limit was not there You would be trying to render a resolution that’s approximately 7,5 times bigger than the resolution being sent to the headset.

Something like 19170*10800 (it’s actually slightly more in reality).

Trust me, that’s not happening anytime soon… At least not with a frame rate anywhere near acceptable… :grin:

4 Likes