Apple VR - ‘Sooo Good’ (June 5)

Sone good reveals. Though if true with the battery duration… Not too good unless these are cheap or they add an adapter to not have to use proprietary battery.

At this point I’m actually pretty sure I wont get the Apple. Even if they’re going to release some games for it, just like the guys said it will be limited to their own gaming service. And it will be powered by that onboard M2 unit. So not really high-end GPU power. So for pure gaming, not really that interesting I’m afraid.

Nevertheless, it’s going to be really interesting to see what they’ve come up with.

2 Likes

I dont think it will have 2x M2 chips or a front AMOLED.

We will just have to wait and see. But on some fronts sounds promising and with Apple a strong possibility they will do something like rumored. It has been rumored dual processors.

1 Like

But we’ve seen a rumoured BOM and that states 1x M2.

The second processor will be the equivalent of having a XR2 in the headset for all the tracking working and the M2 is an external unit for the rendering.

That’s my understanding anyway.

1 Like

2 Likes

With a 1.4 inch display the FOV could be 40% bigger than Beyond’s 1inch 90FoV - that’s in the 120FoV range.

1 Like

The FOV size depends on the size and the magnification of the lens, not the display. But impressive specs nonetheless.

3 Likes

True but the bigger the goal the easier it is to score.

1 Like

For those that didn’t see this video when it was first posted.

1 Like

That’s like from a year ago. So I’m wondering the relevancy. Sorry. Couldn’t watch it. Prefer just the Japanese language. The English dub was terrible. Maybe I’ll search for the raw Japanese version.

In anycase. I like what Bradley showed in one of his recent videos about the wrap-around type of FoV system. Interesting.

1 Like

What Sony are showing in the video is what Apple are putting in their new headset.

1 Like

「VR headset unveiled at WWDC」

It’s required to eat an apple while using their new headset. Its battery is recharged by electrodes attached to the users’ cheeks and eating an apple helps to keep the battery charged. :rofl:

2 Likes

Or, to cite an old saying, an Apple a day keeps Meta away…

4 Likes

Better yet, i heard you can stick two pieces of apple inside your nose and electrolytes that way so you dont have to chew on it and risk of depleting.

Granny Smith should have the best level of acidity - I guess that means we’re going team green…

Go with Crab apples lol. Pucker power.