*Announcement* Additional discount of $50 to the Vision 8K Plus and $100 for the Vision 8K X for Backers

We did, in Pimax way. Here is a direct quote from the F upgrade plan (https://backer.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/xpp2-208-0012-backer-upgrade-plan-f-324):

Exchange: Clients who think obvious issues(like shipping damage) with their controllers or base stations ordered from the Pimax website and need exchange go to our Pimax helpdesk; Pimax will process consulting and after-sales service.

The replacement process clients need to know:Pimax clients who have requests for replacement of Index controllers should go to Pimax helpdesk; Pimax will issue replacement process, or Pimax asks clients to go to Valve when Pimax thinks the controllers don’t meet replacement conditions. Valve will determine if these controllers meet replacement conditions or not. If yes, Pimax has to accept the replacement requests; If no, Valve will support the clients.

14 day no questions asked return policy.1 year warranty

3 Likes

Especially this part sounds scary:

Pimax will issue replacement process, or Pimax asks clients to go to Valve when Pimax thinks the controllers don’t meet replacement conditions. Valve will determine if these controllers meet replacement conditions or not. If yes, Pimax has to accept the replacement requests; If no, Valve will support the clients

4 Likes

Hmmm… But the question is. Is pimax considered Authorized dealer & Warranty begins with pimax Customer purchase. Or does pimax have Valve Warranty begin on their procurement.

Hoping pimax deal with Valve is solid. As I worked in a warehouse where some of the products stocked. Mfg warranty started upon receipt of shipment.

Not that pimax’s prescribe Index warranty will affect purchaser but could be costly to pimax depending how long index stock sits.

2 Likes

I appreciate if you think its a good deal for you and happy for those who are happy to take advantage of the current offers. Nothing against that. But the deal is not a good one for everyone.

You need to appreciate there are a lot of people this arrangement does not apply to. There is still no discount being offered. Which in normal circumstances is fine, I don’t expect anyone to offer anything to us, they don’t in general owe anyone a discount or good deal. However when they announce it and make a big deal out of it to entice me and others to be interested. I have to voice my opinion when it turns out there is actually no discount, or barely one for those who submit to forfeit their stretch goals.

So I will commit and appreciate things when they deserve appreciation.

9 Likes

I do -(appreciate it’s not perfect for all) - it’s just that only few care to take the time to say thank you once in a while…

3 Likes

I am keen to buy a 8kx but I will wait for hands on impressions from the upcoming VR events that Martin is organising .

4 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. While I really like my 8K, the SDE continues to bother me, so the 8KX is really enticing.

4 Likes

crap and I already ordered. Now let me guess ill get another coupon that I will find out later i cant redeem for anything but upgrading to an Pimax 12K

6 Likes

Wanna bet they haven’t updated the slides yet?

2 Likes

Whilst it is a step in the right direction, my math says that it is best to keep the stretched goals. The Pimax 8KX will come down in price for sure in the next events. I’m content for now with my 5K+ and any upgrade will be unjustified. I will wait for reviews and perhaps upgrade next year

12 Likes

It would be interesting to know for current orders how the "new" Prices will reflect or better the money flow back will be handled @Matthew.Xu .

If someone has already ordered the 8kX or 8k+ and had wrong Prices, most likely also charged to credit Card or pay pal, how will the price difference be handled accounted for?

• THE PRICES ARE JUST NEAR ESTIMATES FOR AN EXAMPLE -

So let’s say as one example you ordered a 8k X from plan A and where near $700 charged from your card:

1. how will the price be reduced by 100$ for the X and $50 for the +?
    So for above new price would be $600.

2. how will the reissued Coupons be applied or applicable for those getting one,
    so e.g. a Coupon of $100 on the X means now a new price of $500.

3. also wrongly applied customs or shipping might need to be subtracted e.g. - $60 if it was $120 and should have been $60.

So basically the $700 in the example for the X will come down to $500, meaning a refund (?) of $200 on the card?

This is also interesting depending on the handling of customs - since then the value would be $200 less on which the tax will be applied.

1 Like

I ask them to just use the additional $100 to upgrade to Deluxe headphone but no response.

1 Like

So were have the backer upgrade plans A,B,C,D,E,G gone ?, I cant find them on there site, only the Upgrade Plan for Current Owner.

1 Like

https://backer.pimaxvr.com/

3 Likes

We’ve got our own url backer.pimaxvr.com
Well done @geoff

3 Likes

Thank you.

20 f,n characters, wish some one would get ride of this 20 character thing.

2 Likes

Might need to pester Discourse Devs. But some found a bunch of dots work see next post. More dots than seen.

1 Like

Agreed lol…

2 Likes

It’s a configurable setting defaulted at 20 chars.
Needs admin level access though.

3 Likes

Cool maybe one day fixed. Even to 10-15 would be better. Though emojis add a few chars.

1 Like