About Pimax business versions and models for the upcoming pre-order

Gotcha. Yeah if these exist: sign me up!!

4 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 can we get the ppi of each headset please?

It’s been asked & as of yet unanswered.

3 Likes

She never said it’s better just customized for businesses. It will have the benefits of oled vs lcd (contrast & the like). However it’s sde will be worst than vive pro & more on oar with deepoon e3/pimax be.

1 Like

This one has been answered more times than I can count but carry on.

Business level warranty. Oled screens are very expensive compared to lcd.

1 Like

He also agreed likely pentile.

Try Deoplayer. @noro will have reccommendations.

1 Like

Pentile indeed. Also I’d be VERY wary of claims like “we’ve solved the ghosting issue”. How do you even solve ghosting? The only thing i see is to introduce a shutter glass like in the Pimax 4k, which does lessen the ghosting (and which would also explain why no brainwarp is possible on this hmd). But I doubt that that totally eliminates the ghosting.

I think it’s a good idea to show these HMD’s at the upcoming backer meeting in the states.

2 Likes

Still wouldn’t mind seeing those Razer phone 120hz igoo(sp) lcd screens in an hmd hdr!

1 Like

Black frame insertion is one method isn’t it?

How would that solve ghosting? You’d still see the transition of the pixel. A shutter glass, like used in the pimax 4k, would totally cut off the transition and thus lessen ghosting. It doesn’t solve it though, ghosting on the pimax 4k is still very bad (but worse without the shutter glasses)

@deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR

Any chance for 5K BE ( OLED) with RGB panels for hardcore enthusiast ? ( like me;-) )
We know that this kinds of panels exist on the market not only CLPL and Oled pen-tile.

Ofcouser thouse will be more expensive from all of curent Pimax HMD’s but I’m pretty sure a lots of us will like to pay more for it.

Edit : I didint notice that we asked about it already.

5 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1, the lengths that Pimax is willing to go through to satisfy their customers is unprecedented in the VR HMD market. Despite the sometimes immature outbursts from some backers, you and the team really have done everything they can in order to satisfy this very fickle and demanding community.

Thank you to you and the team who I am sure even as units are shipping are still working tirelessly to make this project a success. I wish that 2019 will be an outstanding year for PIMAX in recognition of your efforts.

19 Likes

Xunshu, thank you for the headset model explanation and options for backers! I appreciate the options. I will still likely be getting the 5K+, but it’s great that you are considering the backer community.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! I use Big Screen a lot to watch movies with my Odyssey and have always been really happy with the results. If you have a Blu-ray player on your PC then you can also try watching 3d movies directly from the disc which really looks good. I bet it would look great on the 8k screen. Here is a link to how you can do that:

https://www.tchapin.com/how-to-watch-3d-blu-ray-movies-on-the-htc-vive-or-oculus-rift-without-having-to-re-encode-the-movie/

2 Likes

PSVR have RGB Oleds, and probably new Odyssey too

For all we know the Pimax 5K BE might not even have lighthouse tracking.

Many businesses would use their own tracking solution or have none at all.

1 Like

but not at 1440p they don’t

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m not aware of existence of any such panel that also comes in wide format (close to 1:2) at 1440p in RGB OLED. Doesn’t mean that it doesnt exist, could very well exist, but I’d love to hear that then. BTW it’s not necessary that it’s close to 1:2, I mean the StarVR supposedly is 4:5, but in that case Pimax would need to develop new lenses.

1 Like

It would make sense to be a new type of screen since they are doing such a limited quantity and charging more then the 8k.

@deletedpimaxrep1 if we decide to switch to the Pimax 5K BE, will our shipment be delayed?