About Pimax business versions and models for the upcoming pre-order

maybe the 5K BE is the one sweviver was talking about that 3 testers got to demo behind closed doors in berlin, if so then it may very well be better than 5K+, as he said it was if you got rid of a few issues.

But even for us as backers it costs more. We have to add $100 to an 8K bid and they wouldn’t need to give us any business extras like repairs, face covers etc for us to still be happy.

Even then why pay extra for the oled screen if it’s really inferior?

Because it costs more to produce.

As being “inferior”, it depends the usage.

2 Likes

So why bother producing it?

I just get the feeling they didn’t want us to know about this yet and now they’re saying “Fine you can have it but it’s more expensive and it’s not as good”. It feels like when I’m with my niece in a toy store and she spots a really cool and expensive toy and I have to convince her it’s smarter to go for the more affordable but obviously less fun toy. :laughing:

1 Like

maybe there wil be an 8K X BFE :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think Pimax demoed the headset to professionals who likes the FOV but need high color fidelity for their work, so they requested an OLED version.

3 Likes

Thank you Pimax for offering the option. I’m looking forward to the detailed comparison specs to help me make the decision.

Please include:

1- sub-pixel arrangement
2- refresh rate
3 - ppi

Once again, thank you for listening

2 Likes

If Pimax were a car company, the Pimax 5K BE would be a truck, and the 5K + would be a convertible sports car. That the truck is uglier, slower, bigger … does not imply that companies will prefer a convertible. And the opposite makes little sense.

2 Likes

That sounds great! Looking forward for the reviews of 5K BE vs 5K+. However, it sounds like the 5K+ will still have the sharpest image and less SDE than the BE version.

3 Likes

Why Pimax, why you offer this and produce more chaos under the bakers???

4 Likes

LOL, yeah

8K is not SDE free

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from it, lol

Damn good HMD, though. I am liking it :slight_smile:

I need to find a means of viewing films other than CMoar Cinema (only works with controllers at the moment) and Virtual Desktop (image ain’t great)

Hmm, maybe I should try and improve the Virtual Desktop image before I disappear into ED again :smiley:

4 Likes

Have you tried Big Screen yet?

1 Like

Cuz chaos is the only natural thing around here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @deletedpimaxrep1 for the clarification and giving backers more options!!!

2 Likes

THANKS! BIG, BIG THANKS :smiley:

Okay, I am now blown away by the quality I am getting with the 8K and viewing films!

That wipes out Virtual Desktop, at least for me it does :slight_smile:

I played Outland (Sean Connery film - 1980s) on it, and it was amazing. I even compared it with how it was showing on my x34, and could see little difference, if any!

I also played I am Legend (Will Smith film), and damn did it looked good!

And I could not see any SDE, without REALLY trying.

In the Bigscreen room I was in, I was on a big L shaped sofa, and when I took my headphones off to view how Outland looked on the x34 compared to the 8K, I dropped the headphones on the sofa! OOPS!!!

Luckily, there’s not much of a drop to the floor!

9 Likes

Please just focus on shipping all the hmds before christmas :sweat:

5 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1

Good communication this time :tada:

I have one question for you:

If technically possible, what would be the extra cost for a 1440p RGB OLED VR HMD ?

Because THIS would be the best of the 2 worlds at the current state of display technology.

If it was technically possible and the extra cost was something like 200/300$ over the 8K I suppose many people would agree to pay that if the result was sharpness and SDE close to the 5K+ but with good blacks and vibrant colors.

If technically possible but the extra cost compared to a 8K would be much more than 300$ then the commercial viability would be more debatable as it would become too expensive for many consumers I suppose (and at this price level people may then just look at the starVR, a product that already exists).

So could you tell us what is the current situation regarding small size RGB OLED and display manufacturers ?

7 Likes

I like this idea ! ( 20 chara…)

1 Like

I think the question is: do these even exist (apart from the custom made StarVR One panels)

2 Likes

Well, that was basically my question if you look at the end of my post :wink:

2 Likes