8K X Occasionally Blacks out for a few seconds (Potentially Solved, EMI Ground Loop/ Interference likely the cause)

We have the issue with the 8kX model - not 5k+ or 8K+

2 Likes

Please guys - PUT IN SUPPORT TICKETS!!!
@DrWilken @tonka - they need to know that the issue exists. They need to track down the root cause of it.

2 Likes

Difficult to say. Hopefully they are working on releasing a fix.

1 Like

Seems to me like they’re fully aware that the issue exists and You have already provided them with debug logging as far as I understand, so I don’t see how it helps them that we just overload their support with “me too” tickets… :wink:

Oh, and it’s the first time I’ve experienced it.

3 Likes

The problem is an old one. They should be giving feedback about working on the issue. Ie the weekly updates that have become laxed again.

@PimaxQuorra can you get an update on the blackouts and the Eye Tracker prescription inserts please. cc @PimaxVR @nordic @PimaxUSA

2 Likes

I totally agree… :+1::wink:

2 Likes

Yes please update us. This shouldn’t happen with the flagship headset.

1 Like

More blackouts - with the original cable - 90hz also - happened almost right away.

Anyone here using overlay apps like OVRToolkit?

Not sure if it helps, but just wanted to provide some feedback where this does not occur
Sometimes it helps to pinpoint the problem if you know where it does not occur. (If its a general bug)
So if i should check something, just let me know.

• Mostly playing iRacing
  • pimax 8kx
  • RTX 3080 mobile
  • 60hz Mode (i dont see a difference above 60 anyways :slight_smile: )
  • Brightness around 80
  • Newest Nvidia Drivers
  • Using overlay for SimHub

I can try the 75hz just for making sure its not related to the hz.

2 Likes

So for you, you’ve gotten the blackouts EXCEPT when using 60hz mode… That might be the difference between my setup and yours. (i have a 3090 which is also different)

If you can test 75hz or 90hz, can you see if it happens for you?

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: iRacing / Discord issue

Just a heads up, i have received my 5k super. Im going to give the 8k x a little more time to try and find the cause of the blackouts but not much longer. Ive given the logs to support. It’s up to them now. If they cant figure it out, ill be forced to downgrade.

2 Likes

Another blackout at the end of a session. switching to 5k super until they figure it out. Ive sent all the logs possible.
@PimaxQuorra pleae have them look into those logs in my ticket

1 Like

Recently I bought an 8kx and fiber optic cable.
And I am having the same problem.
Sound doesnt drop out, the screen is blacked out for 5-7 seconds.
It’s happening in every situation.

My system is i7-9700, 3080, 32gb ram.
I am using a 21:9 qhd monitor using the dp port.

I’m not sure if it’s a bandwidth issue on the dp port, a power issue on the usb3, or a headset issue.

1 Like

Hey thanks for posting. Please create a support ticket so they know as well. It seems to be an nvidia only issue so far too

1 Like

Not sure if it helps but I had blackouts when using 90hz and the recommended nvidia drivers.
Since then, reverted to 75hz with current drivers and the blackouts are gone

My system:
Z370 i9 9900k RTX3090fe latest nvidia drivers latest pitool and bêta 90hz 8kx firmware

1 Like

I tried that - i have blackouts on 75hz as well - less than 90hz (USUALLY), but they still happen.

Also 9900KS, 3090 (FE and EVGA models i tried)… latest pitool and firmware.

1 Like

Although i thought the same thing as you… Since the blackouts are slightly less often on 75hz - it’s probably an issue with the bandwith limitation of DP or something similar…

Keep in mind i’ve had it for like 7-8 months now, and the blackouts weren’t present during the first 3 months approximately. Something definitely changed since.

1 Like

It would be interesting if we could figure out what the trigger / difference is between those that have blackouts and those that have rare to none. My assumption is that its a setting or heat but i can’t say for sure.

I had 3 or 4 blacks outs a couple months ago. They were spread out over a month or two. After that nothing. I can’t remember making any changes specific to VR. but i wasnt keeping record. But since then i haven’t experienced one.

Has anyone seen anything in the logs pointing to a cause?

2 Likes

I sent all my logs to pimax support but they’re off until may 6

2 Likes