8K X Occasionally Blacks out for a few seconds (Potentially Solved, EMI Ground Loop/ Interference likely the cause)

That sounds different but could be related. It’s possible that they’re just at the DP 1.4 bandwith limitations and if it spikes above it, then it cuts the feed to the displays. In today’s blackout, i had 3 cars in front of me, and one behind… Possibly it spiked the graphics a bit much for the 8k x bandwith on the DP… But i can’t find any other reason that this is happening… So far I’ve tried everything. It’s up to pimax to read those logs and see if they can figure it out now.

2 Likes

hi Chompy,have you submit the ticket?

Happened again to me last night: 8kx, 3090, optical cable.

2 Likes

Let pimax support know. They sent me an app to run to get more detailed logs. They told me to run it before a session and again right after a blackout happens.

2 Likes

I Went down to 461.09 to use 90hz again - i just had another blackout - and i caught the log right after… Theres some error that it shows:

1 Like

LOOP T897abb: [EEPROM_read] EEPROM_read pos:8, size:2, val:3c
LOOP T897abc: [EEPROM_read] EEPROM_read pos:10, size:2, val:3c

2 Likes

I actually found similar lines in a later firmware log but towards the bottom

@PimaxQuorra @Doman.Chen @PimaxUSA
Can you guys check my support ticket - i sent in all the logs from before and after the blackout happened. I took one log at 8:33am - thats right after.
Ticket# 14751

I think those logs are our best shot of figuring out this issue as i was actively logging thru pitool AND the firmware logger that i was emailed from support and caught the exact time and logged it.

3 Likes

Hello Mike,

Will ask Doman to take a look at the ticket, when he’s back to office. And he would discuss the logs with the research team.

Sincerely.

3 Likes

Thank you!
I think it happens more frequently when 90hz is on, but it still happens with 75hz as well.
I will continue testing/logging until there’s a clear answer but this is taking forever now.
This has to be the best shot we’ll get at it, as i logged the occurrence before 3 logs, during, and after 2 more logs. So there’s a clear log time line with 5 logs from 6:41am through 9:00am - with the blackout happening around 8:32-8:33am

4 Likes

Another blackout under driver 460.89 - so it doesnt seem to be related to the nvidia drivers either

The last time they said im supposed to turn on the logger right after the blackout and for at least 3 minutes. I kept it on throughout the session now.
If they can’t figure out the cause of it then i give up on the 8k x.

1 Like

Need to get some feedback from Amd gpu users to see if the blackouts are gpu agnostic.

Not many people have been talking about this issue lately. Either it just went away for them or they’re just dealing with it.

Perhaps some of them won’t get stuck in an first beta test role.

Ive tried 3 different 8k x headsets - they all had the blackouts for me.

2 Likes

in 90 or 75Hz?

Edit … ahh, i read back… iRacing regular… hmm

It doesnt matter 75 or 90 - happens in both

1 Like

but only in iRacing? Crazy

i Dont use it much in any other game right now but it has happened in Star Wars Squadrons when i was playing that a few months back also.

1 Like

I forgot to say that my blackout problem with very bright lights only occurs at 90hz and 110hz NOT at 72hz.

Happened today for me on the 90Hz firmware but I’m running 75Hz (2080Ti).

1 Like