5K+ to 8K+ Vision : Will the move worth it?

I am not a backer or a pre-order owner but I tought there had an upgrade program for current owner but when I came to checkout I came around this.(see the pictures)

As a Pimax 5K+ owner am I eligible to get that rebate with my Pimax invoice number as a proof ?

It is a bit confusing as usual with Pimax.

Yeah confusing as usual. Plan not available for backers, still asking for the backer number.
So this is available for the pre-orders only, as it asks for the backer OR pre-order number, so to someone who bought his headset from elsewhere or after the pre-order period canā€™t use this plan eitherā€¦??

Is it mandatory to fill those fields?

1 Like

Hello all,
I did not know that the pimax 8K X had an up-scaling mode and I ordered the 8K + ā€¦
Iā€™m sad and I want to change with the 8K X please or cancel it.

I oepened a ticket #20955 but Iā€™m afraid I will not receive any answer form support in time for change the order or cancel it.

I wrote by mail at @Matthew.Xu as mentioned in my support mail because I donā€™t have any news since 24 hours.

Someone can help me?

@PimaxUSA @Sean.Huang @Doman.Chen @Heliosurge @Matthew.Xu @Pimax-Support @anon74848233

2 Likes

Please wait a moment, the team will follow up your ticket soon. Thank you.

4 Likes

@Matthew.Xu Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Hello @Matthew.Xu,

Can you check whatā€™s happenā€¦ I paid the difference for the 8KX and to day my quotation has been canceled and my order still with 8K+ā€¦ I donā€™t understandā€¦ Itā€™s simple I orderd the 8k+ and I want change with 8K X plaese help me again.

@PimaxUSA @Sean.Huang @Doman.Chen @Heliosurge @Matthew.Xu @Pimax-Support @anon74848233

3 Likes

Please donā€™t worry, Weā€™ll change it to the correct order for you right away. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks you are the best!!!

3 Likes

My appreciate! :handshake:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: Who is anon74848233 ?

Seriously itā€™s impossible that 8K+ is better than hp reverb for clarity

If itā€™s true then What the hell were HP thinking of ?

If that itā€™s realā€¦ then I prefer 8K+ with wireless for room scale games.

1 Like

it was a mistake ^^ā€™

1 Like

I hope the 8K X will be wireless with the up-scaling mode :crossed_fingers:t3:

5 Likes

You do realize the only one who can answer these questions for youā€¦is you, right? Especially the ā€œis it worth it to switch?ā€
My highly educated answer would be ā€¦depends. :grinning:

Seriously though, backers faced a similar question with the 5K+ and 8K and those of us not getting to try them had to cull as much from those who did get to try both and make our best guess. This may be harder if you are looking to decide this year. I wait until CES at least. If they get that show right this time you will be well informed and if they screw the pooch again, you can run away.

4 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for this confirmationā€¦ and then I bought 8Kx.

If I donā€™t have confirmation then I bought 8K+, I receive it in January (hope) and then if they confirm it in April, I will sell it and buy 8Kx

2 Likes

ibwas going to say i tried 120hz and i dont even notice its darker. sounds like you have a bug

Thereā€™s a firmware fix for the dimming issue on 120Hz:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/new-beta-m248-firmware-is-available-now/23627?u=drwilken

2 Likes

Yep I understand for me itā€™s interesting the dual mode.

Yes, the dual mode means itā€™s more versatile, but Iā€™ll probably mostly run the 8KX in native mode. The higher resolution is very appealing to me.

1 Like

I agree because I play more simulation game and the resolution itā€™s very important for watch far!

1 Like