5K+ to 8K+ Vision : Will the move worth it?

How can i create a ticket ??

i will try and search …thanks

https://store.pimaxvr.com/service-center

4 Likes

Thank you so much :heart_eyes:

My ticket is on…

1 Like

Yes it’s dark, but playable. Theoretically they will fix it. Soon :wink:

2 Likes

We are sold that the 8KX is going to be a bomb but what about the 8K+ ?

How the 8K+ compare to his little brother the 5K+ ? ( SDE, sharper object at far distance ? )

Does the 8K+ need more juice from the GPU to get a good result superior to the 5K+ ?

For example, my 5K+ shine with Pitool at 1.25 and steamvr at 84%-100% with a 2080TI.

It is said that the 8K+ panels are so nice that we don’t need super sampling as much and therefor less GPU power to make it look decent

4 Likes

Ehm…

3 Likes

This is the wrong photo to take a decision

Please put Macro shot photos of Elite dangerous from @SweViver .

there you see that the upscaler of Pimax 8K+ put a wrong colour around the outline of objects/text

Yes, it’s better than Pimax 8K

but in Italy we have a Proverb: “Hai fatto 30, fai 31”

Translation “You made 30, make 31”

PIMAX 8K X ALL THE LIFE

2 Likes

The question was if it makes sense upgrading to reduce SDE, and not to improve colors.

2 Likes

Only a mole buy 8K+ instead of Pimax 8K X

pimax 8kx its only cable ( 2m ) ? no 5m? how we will play in room with only 2 m?

I have the same question, if i want to upgrade from 5k+ to 8k+ i will have any benefits?

Its 5m cable without an option to extend.

2 Likes

the 8kx? have 5 m like pimax 5k+? so why some people are talking about the 2m? sorry im confused . and the 8k+ its much better than 5k+?

Because they read some nonsense and discuss it just like you :slight_smile: No wonder when your question may born new user coming with the same question saying “i’ve heard about 2m cable length”.

8k+ is supposed to be better than 5k+ due to less SDE and comfort kit which can be purchased separately for 5k+ as well. No other differences are expected to be seen.
p.s. yeah, one more thing, there are rumors about new hardened housings used in 8k+ and 8kx, but this might be hard overvalued. Its like a raw and boiled egg. Drop it - will most likely crack.

2 Likes

they should put the size in store, would avoid these questions :slight_smile:

i can have the 100$ of the 8k to 5k+ i can buy the confort kit. so the difference its only sde, and 700$ only for sde …

1 Like

They mean extension cable. With 5k+/8k some 2m extension cables work, with 8kX they don’t. So 8kX you are stuck at 5m, 5k+/8k you can extend.

3 Likes

Note: That image appears to be mislabeled. The 8K+ and HPrev v1 appear to be swapped, so the 8K+ is even better than illustrated. (Compare the pixel pitch which is the same for 8K+ and 8KX.)

Here’s a corrected version:

3 Likes

Yea I noticed this too. Is this confirmed??

Not officially, but zooming in on the pixels shows that the original top-right image has the same dpi as the top-left one, so it’s clearly in error.

Ya I just thought the scaler was making the pixels look smaller or something