5K+ to 8K+ Vision : Will the move worth it?

Agreed. I mostly play Elite D and occasionally Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally. Being able to read the gauges and small text easily is important to me and as you mentioned, being able to see distant details is especially important for sims.

1 Like

Well I just purchased an Oculus s on Amazon because I sold my 5k+ just before the delays were announced . Now i will just sit back and wait and see how the 8ks , 8kx roll out pans out . I am still keen on the 8k+ but now I will wait for some proper reviews .

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me why we see a lot more SDE in the normal 8K than with the 8KX? It should be the same or almost the same.
And also since when does the image of the 5K+ look so bad with respect to the 8K?

1 Like

8K uses pentile pixel arrangement and 8KX uses RGB stripe (= more subpixels per pixel).

4 Likes

I can second that!
I was also amazed how often FPS VR showed me FPS with 3 digits In 120hz Mode - it’s running like that since the patch dropped .
Some games run quite well - sure others don’t but hey that’s the way it is.

1 Like

I guess very Makro Shot - but would have expected it to be better then old 8k ( about 5k SDE)

2 Likes

I know, but this is not about pixels; it seems that the space between pixels its clearly reduced.

2 Likes

Better panel utilization (probably) + non pentile matrix (non pentile is the primary reason)

4 Likes

Non pentile matrix is also better panel utilization. :wink:

4 Likes