3 months of pain for replacement 5K+

Kind of. Maybe they were thinking that was replacement fee.

Actually there is no proof that I imported the headset because that was a second hand one. I bought that in Korea from a backer for about 800 dollars in KRW(yes I was really stupid), so tax was based on that price. Not original price.
Also the customs office said that whether it is RMA or not is not important. Only the fact that the product that ‘I’ did not imported went out and came in is the main point. For their aspect, I have to be charged.
Not paying the tax is impossible now, hence I am trying to reduce it. They applied wrong HS code on my headset and that made unnecessary tariff.

1 Like

Works with usb-c sound adapter

1 Like

I did not think that. Brilliant. However I will just replace it since one of the vive wand is dead. Also I do not like to keep defected one.

1 Like

Cant believe they are still sending out old stock that they know could be faulty, they should has recalled all the HMD that were in stock and had them checked or replaced with an updated one.
By not doing this it will cause them more problems in the long run.

4 Likes

Strap a small square / oblong phone charger battery to the vive wand and plug in , I’ve done that with two of mine and works fine ,
USB-c audio works fine , better than not having use of the headset for another few months

1 Like

Here’s photo’s

2 Likes

Ah so this sounds more like a Governmwnt interferance issue. Do you off hand know if they have a way to correct it as a warrenty exchange to avoid paying extra taxes?

I know in Canada here the Government gets taxes on used cars on everytime the car is resold at book value.

1 Like

Try a pm to @Matthew.xu about this & see if they can use a local firm.

1 Like

I hope that would work but the controller is still dead after 11 hours of charging. Nice controller idea though :grin:

see if it works with usb plugged in , reset is by plugging usb in and holding down all the buttons including grip and trigger

1 Like

I already talked to him. He asked me how much is the tariff and handed me over to Dallas. Then Dallas told me that they have no experience on this kind of problem and offered me a 10m cable.

1 Like

Ok I will try that after a while. Thanks for your help :smile:

That must be really delightful if I can succeed. Their is no receipt for me since I bought that from other backer as I said above, so I had to prove the price with deposit history to the backer. Replacement receipt? I already asked Pimax to give me one. No answer.

I think it is very frustrating but customs seems to charge taxes on almost every RMA products. Sometimes that can be avoided when proper export declarement has been made with other proofs. Not for me. That is regular Korea Customs.

However, I am doing something like you said on the tariff. The wrong HS code on my 5K+. If I make officers to correct it right, I can get refund of 72 dollars approximately. I spammed civil complaints on the officer who is in charge and it makes me feel little better. Yes. Sadistic fun for free. :rofl:
Your advice is really appreciating that you are trying to help me. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Well no experience being fairly new could be understandable. So presentung the idea of utilizing a Korean distrubuter that is selling pimax products might be a method to explore.

Thar distributor won’t care of it even if Pimax persuades to I think.
Their job is to help customers who bought through them.

Thats ridiculous. They are sending back the same s*** as a replacement . At the moment it seems to be better to wait with rma until all old revisions are replaced.

1 Like

Dear @TOOOOHKA,

I just saw your post. I’m really sorry to have brought you such a bad experience.

As for tariffs, we just try to help our customers avoid tariffs in their countries, not that we will bear them. Please understand this point.

I’m asked you personally how much you paid the tariff. I want to compensate you as much as possible by other means. So I give you a cable as a gift. The cable is not 10 meters. Please don’t confuse it.

I promise that bad after-sales experience will not happen again.

I have applied to the company, starting next month, in order to ensure the quality of the after-sale headset, all of the after-sale headsets are sent directly from Shanghai.

So, if the headset does not affect your use, can you keep it? I wonder if you can wait until next month, I will send you the new headset directly from Shanghai.

I apologize to you again.

Thank you for your great support.

Yours sincerely,
Matthew

5 Likes

For 140 Dollar a cable which isnt even 10 meters?

1 Like

This is two things. Thanks