3 months of pain for replacement 5K+

Finally I got my replacement headset after 3 months since I sent it to Pimax.

Pimax once told me that no tax will be charged but Korea Customs Service charged me 169,200 KRW( about 140 dollars today ). I insisted to both Pimax and KCS that this is wrong, and it was all useless. KCS did not even listen to me and Pimax just offered me a 10m cable which is 69 dollars for compensation. Yup. Usual Pimax.

Let me open this anyway.

What?

What the ****?

(Inspection notice from Customs office)

F*** you.

It is okay. Just a nice and clean headset is enough for me.

Seems good for now. Good.

No it wasn’t. Thank you for reminding me that your plastic sucks Pimax! :smile:

PS: One of my Vive wands seems to be overdischarged and not responding. Is there any solution for it? I am charging it for now.

2 Likes

Holy crap? Literally speaking.

Side note: so the 10m cable exists?
Edit. Even if it did and they actually send you one, I guess you’d have to pay the taxes for that too.

2 Likes

Pimax did not say that cable is 10m long. Only the price actually.

But seeing this, it must be 10m cable. It is still in development.

Edit for your Edit. Korean Customs do not charge taxes on the products under 199 dollars. :wink:

1 Like

You’re spoiled, here the limit is 22€

3 Likes

If Pimax would declare it properly as a return item, including the necessary papers and receipt, then you wouldn’t have to pay any taxes at all. I can’t believe Pimax isn’t doing this correctly. I’ve never in my life had to pay taxes on a return item.

9 Likes

Really? That is too stingy. Then how about the tax rate?

I already requested the papers but they gave me nothing but the useless, not existing cable.
Also KSC said that the tax must be charged whether it is a replacement or not.

22-150€ import taxes 24%, no toll fee. Over 150€ import tax 24% + toll fee dunno how much, depends on the item, but 10-20%

1 Like

That is unbelievable. The tax charged on me was 10% value-added tax and 8% import tax.:fearful:

Yes. The shipping costs are also under the tax.
https://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/ordering-goods-online/examples-of-calculating-import-duties-and-taxes

2 Likes

With pimax having a Korean Distrubuter(presume they still do). Surprised they didn’t broker a deal to have them send you a replacement & compensate the distruber.

But yeah some countries really want their peice of pie. Some shipping companies are the same, ie DHL Express always seems to tack on $20 to $30 with anything shipped through them.

1 Like

Allip! :grin::joy:

1 Like

In detail, Pimax told me to send the headset as a 80 dollars product to avoid the tax and it worked. Pimax did the same thing, but customs office found that this is wrong and charged the tax. Pimax did nothing after that.

Send an invoice to Pimax

1 Like

“Pimax”

1 Like

I just tried the new 5K+. This one is a new faulty s**t.
3.5mm audio plug is loose so that it makes clicking sound(physical) when plugging my DAS and make no audio output unless I hold it. Even when I hold it, it makes dull sound.

Gotta wait another 3 months huh?

2 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Please stop imitating their crap. You gave me the chills.

This, there’s some gross incompetence going on at Pimax on shipping front and sadly this kind of thing isn’t an isolated incident.

In essence Pimax told you to commit fraud…