3 months of pain for replacement 5K+

Ok. I see.

Can you just take it away and send me a new one when the Shanghai thing is over? Just looking at it is enough to make me mad. Really.

Also, just keep that cable. I really can not understand what you are expecting me to do with that extra ‘normal’ cable. No offense. Cable replacement service is going well that no one will buy it. Is that for me to save time by replacing the cable with gift one when snowing problem happens?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same…

2 Likes

So, do you want to return this broken headset now?

The cable represents my apology because I can’t help you with the tariff. So, whatever you do with it.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Yes. Take it and send the new one when everything is ready.
BTW can you tell me when will that Shanghai delivery start? From September 1st?

2 Likes

OK, I see.

Please wait a few more days. We are meeting with UPS China today to discuss the CampusShip. For now, only Pimax USA has a UPS CampusShip account, but it can only be used in the United States.

So, we want to start UPS China service, I think this week should have results.
In the future, we can send a return label directly to the customer without bothering you to post it.

When CampusShip’s new account is established, we will send you a new return label. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Then I have to wait until next week at least.

Thank you for the information.

3 Likes

After 30 hours of recharging, It came back to life! Hooray!

5 Likes

I tried my 5K again with a headset connected to computer.
Jesus Holy Christ it has snowing problem too.

Pimax should recall every single headset for replacement from the every warehouse they have.

3 Likes

The pixel snow is usually due to a cable problem (poorly shielded). When Pimax replaced my cable, the snow was 100% gone (as were black and white flashes which I occasionally saw). Try plugging it into different ports. If you still see the problem, contact Support.

1 Like

I already did plugged it into other ports. No difference. Old one was better than this except the cracks because that let me hear the sound at least.
As I said above, I will replace whole this one.

1 Like

I would explain why you are wrong but I am not allowed apparently. Also the korean custom officer did his job properly. Without the proper paperwork his hands are tied.

1 Like

Thought it was declared properly as RMA, but the Officer ignored that?

If you go back to the start of the thread and read all of TOOOOHKA’s post you will see:

1 ~ he bought the pimax second hand thus has no receipt or proof of purchase

2 ~ he requested the paperwork from pimax but got no answer on this

3 ~ pimax told him to declare the pimax as 80 dollar item to avoid the tax but the custom officer checked it out, they can google prices too, and found a new pimax isn’t only 80 dollars

4 ~ importing good from one country to another doesn’t follow the same laws everywhere and can get complicated.

Also when stuff is imported not all items are checked one by one. They usually do spot check which is why, back in the day, when I ordered stuff online, like the early days of amazon etc I would sometimes get hit with import taxes/duty if things came from NJ instead of say Ontario and other times I didn’t for the exact same item both times comeing from the same NJ warehouse.

Now amazon/newegg etc etc has that sorted as you can order from the .ca website. Still when ordering things from smaller companies or things being shipped cross border privately it can be a hassle. DHL is a prime example that will often try to charge you import duty/tax fees unless you can supply the proper paperwork. It can be quite a hassle.

The korean officer needs to cross his T’s and dot his I’s if he wants to keep his job but without the proper paperwork he can’t thus his hands are tied.

3 Likes

Well then, tough luck I guess :confused:

Yes, your summary is perfect except that I can reclaim the tariff.
Customs offices made an agreement to put inappropriate Harmonized System code of 3D glasses(ex. Gear VR) on Pimax when the backer products arrived in Korea. Also that contains 8% tariff. That is why I filed civil complaints, but no progress yet. That is pretty annoying.

2 Likes

Actually I don’t think that was a hard luck.
Who would think that VR glasses(Pimax sent the headset with this name) in a huge box is only worth $80? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The same thing can happen here too like the example with DHL. Thing is… it is up to you to do the steps to fix the mistake if something was not done right which clearly wasn’t in this case.

The custom officer has to do and charge with what was sent to him if that was lacking it’s not his fault.

That is all I am saying.

Now I am not sure I completely understand what you mean with this here , “Customs offices made an agreement to put inappropriate Harmonized System code of 3D glasses”.

To me it sounds like the custom officer charged things a certain way like he should according to the paper work he received or didn’t properly receive but you are saying he should have not charged things that way because of xyz which you are now contesting.

What I am saying it is up to Pimax when sending replacement to sort this out properly so you their client don’t encounter this kind of problem.

If by some odd reason there is an issue then yeah you need to step in and help fix the situation.

TBH I am not surprised this happened considering you are not the original owner of the Pimax.

1 Like

Oh… Yes that sentence is confusing. My bad English. Sorry.

Customs offices made an agreement to put HS code of 3d glasses on Pimax when the products for backers arrived. That HS code contains 8% tariff, and that agreement has no legal effect.

I have explained to my customs administrator why that code is inappropriate and told her a right HS code(no tariff) for my Pimax. However, she refused to accept it because she barely knows nothing about electronic stuffs and connot understand what I am talking about.

Then I filed civil complaints that she works like s***, and the tariff must be cancelled.

I paid both tariff and value added tax due to the deadline and filed another civil complaint to get tariff refund.

With all these happenings all I have realized is that second hand products and Korean Customs both suck.

However I think I will buy second hand backer 8KX again in the future to get it ASAP. :joy:

2 Likes

DHL is a crappy shipper. They always tack on $20 to $30 in my experience even on low value items.

2 Likes

Dear @TOOOOHKA,

I appreciate your patience.

I would like to provide you with after-sales replacement service again.

Please tell me your ticket number. I’ll re-open it for you.

I’ll reply to you in the customer service center. Thank you

Yours sincerely,
Matthew

3 Likes