3 months of pain for replacement 5K+

Ok I will try that after a while. Thanks for your help :smile:

That must be really delightful if I can succeed. Their is no receipt for me since I bought that from other backer as I said above, so I had to prove the price with deposit history to the backer. Replacement receipt? I already asked Pimax to give me one. No answer.

I think it is very frustrating but customs seems to charge taxes on almost every RMA products. Sometimes that can be avoided when proper export declarement has been made with other proofs. Not for me. That is regular Korea Customs.

However, I am doing something like you said on the tariff. The wrong HS code on my 5K+. If I make officers to correct it right, I can get refund of 72 dollars approximately. I spammed civil complaints on the officer who is in charge and it makes me feel little better. Yes. Sadistic fun for free. :rofl:
Your advice is really appreciating that you are trying to help me. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Well no experience being fairly new could be understandable. So presentung the idea of utilizing a Korean distrubuter that is selling pimax products might be a method to explore.

Thar distributor won’t care of it even if Pimax persuades to I think.
Their job is to help customers who bought through them.

Thats ridiculous. They are sending back the same s*** as a replacement . At the moment it seems to be better to wait with rma until all old revisions are replaced.

1 Like

Dear @TOOOOHKA,

I just saw your post. I’m really sorry to have brought you such a bad experience.

As for tariffs, we just try to help our customers avoid tariffs in their countries, not that we will bear them. Please understand this point.

I’m asked you personally how much you paid the tariff. I want to compensate you as much as possible by other means. So I give you a cable as a gift. The cable is not 10 meters. Please don’t confuse it.

I promise that bad after-sales experience will not happen again.

I have applied to the company, starting next month, in order to ensure the quality of the after-sale headset, all of the after-sale headsets are sent directly from Shanghai.

So, if the headset does not affect your use, can you keep it? I wonder if you can wait until next month, I will send you the new headset directly from Shanghai.

I apologize to you again.

Thank you for your great support.

Yours sincerely,
Matthew

5 Likes

For 140 Dollar a cable which isnt even 10 meters?

1 Like

This is two things. Thanks

Ok. I see.

Can you just take it away and send me a new one when the Shanghai thing is over? Just looking at it is enough to make me mad. Really.

Also, just keep that cable. I really can not understand what you are expecting me to do with that extra ‘normal’ cable. No offense. Cable replacement service is going well that no one will buy it. Is that for me to save time by replacing the cable with gift one when snowing problem happens?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same…

2 Likes

So, do you want to return this broken headset now?

The cable represents my apology because I can’t help you with the tariff. So, whatever you do with it.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Yes. Take it and send the new one when everything is ready.
BTW can you tell me when will that Shanghai delivery start? From September 1st?

2 Likes

OK, I see.

Please wait a few more days. We are meeting with UPS China today to discuss the CampusShip. For now, only Pimax USA has a UPS CampusShip account, but it can only be used in the United States.

So, we want to start UPS China service, I think this week should have results.
In the future, we can send a return label directly to the customer without bothering you to post it.

When CampusShip’s new account is established, we will send you a new return label. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Then I have to wait until next week at least.

Thank you for the information.

3 Likes

After 30 hours of recharging, It came back to life! Hooray!

5 Likes

I tried my 5K again with a headset connected to computer.
Jesus Holy Christ it has snowing problem too.

Pimax should recall every single headset for replacement from the every warehouse they have.

3 Likes

The pixel snow is usually due to a cable problem (poorly shielded). When Pimax replaced my cable, the snow was 100% gone (as were black and white flashes which I occasionally saw). Try plugging it into different ports. If you still see the problem, contact Support.

1 Like

I already did plugged it into other ports. No difference. Old one was better than this except the cracks because that let me hear the sound at least.
As I said above, I will replace whole this one.

1 Like

I would explain why you are wrong but I am not allowed apparently. Also the korean custom officer did his job properly. Without the proper paperwork his hands are tied.

1 Like

Thought it was declared properly as RMA, but the Officer ignored that?