Will the deluxe headphones be available for purchase individually?

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact the SMAS has 2 audio jacks, and the DMAS was designed to only have one.

I also suspect that it may very well be due to the fact Pimax is having trouble with the cable wiring. What I’m trying to point out is that if you order the DMAS headphones for the SMAS, the audio jack which comes with the deluxe headphones would only work with one ear when used with the standard MAS if the deluxe headphones only have one audio jack.

PimaxUSA and Sweviver did say at CES that the deluxe MAS would only have one audio input jack and would possibly require an additional cable to be run from one earphone, around the back to the other earphone.

I think theres a good possibility that Pimax does not want customers to have to rewire their standard MAS audio is the reason for the possible policy change.

3 Likes

So why would they then design 2 different versions of MAS? that would be ridiculous and completely backtrack on what they said on PD1. Also then anyone who receives the MAS who wants to “swap” headphones as per what was discussed they would then have to buy a whole separate MAS?? That would be stupid for the sake of simple cable connections that is totally in pimax hands to achieve.

The many headphone options was a major point. So ‘if’ things have changed it needs mentioning ASAP. I’m not believing a word of this until pimax properly and clearly confirm either way and what options people will have for changing or upgrading in either scenario.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree that its pretty shortsighted if true, but ultimately i doubt the deluxe earphones or MAS is as modular as we were told.

Case in point you buy deluxe earphones. They have one audio input. You plug it into the audio of the standard MAS but just get audio from one ear. Unless deluxe earphones are connected by a cable which runs along the back of the strap.

Anyone who purchases it still needs to run the connecting cable between both earphones around the back of the strap, and I have my doubts as to whether or not this connecting cable will be easy to seat on the back of the MAS or if Pimax even wants us to remove or set the cable around the back of the strap on our own.

I agree, wait until we hear an official comment from Pimax about it before reaching any conclusions. @PimaxQuorra would you care to try and find an answer for us?

3 Likes

Hello Mantidting,

We did pay attention on this post, and read all the comments above. We already forward this message to the team, to check whether they are able to conclude the MAS issue.
So by the time coming, we can make the announcement on this particular MAS. We knew everyone is urge to get the answer, so kindly spare us some times.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

9 Likes

Hello Mantidtings,

Yes, we are aware of that topic too. We did forward the post to the team. No worries sir, we will conclude it too, and make the announcement on both threads.

You are always welcome to @ us , if you found out any problems/requests.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

This could be remedied by making both audio jacks on the hmd as functioning 3 pin & having the male connectors from the headphones wired as only 2 pin. 1 wired for left & 1 for right.
This would mean both hmd audio jacks will be fully functioning as normal for plug in headphones

6 Likes

Well , i don’t know nothing of Pins, but

@PimaxQuorra i would like that Pimax 8k X has two audio jacks both stereo.

This is to connect every headphone at one jack on the left or on the right depending the headphone

Please submit the request to the team

Thank you

4 Likes

With the pins he means the audio outputs of the hmd are both stereo and the speakers are by nature 2 x mono, the audio outputs from the hmd can just be stereo that is what we want indeed

3 Likes

Yes my thinking was have them both as stereo outputs & if pimax still want to keep the headphones seperate & use both ports, they can wire the speakers one to left channel & ground pin & 1 to right channel & ground pin.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure thats already the case, they said the HMD features 2x stereo 3.5mm audio jacks.

@PimaxQuorra Could you confirm that ?

Thats quite a nice feature if true, for sound wests and stuff like that.

Edit: 3.5mm audio jacks, not 2.5mm

6 Likes

Ah ok. Thanks.
I thought it didnt make much sense for them to cripple the hmd with twin mono ports.
2.5mm? I guess you meant 3.5mm.

2 Likes

yep it would be silly not to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does, @SweViver showed it on one of the videos.

1 Like

He said it was 2 mono inputs didn’t he? Or that the speakers were mono. Also 3.5mm not 2.5 as far as I heard.

Yeah sorry i meant 3.5mm and no he said stereo audio jacks if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

I had stereo in mind also the connectors where at least Stereo
Edit:

Seems to be “TRRS” at least the Plug @SweViver pulled out

2 Likes

The pimax 4k headser and speakers use dual jacks and on that model both pass stereo output. Now most will not be removing the MAS so a simple Y cable going along top of cowl would work fine.

5 Likes

Hopefully the 8kx will be the same then.

I think all the headsets ive owned have had a standard 3.5mm stereo port & I’ve used them all for my own headphones or for my woojer vest.
I would prefer not to use a 2xmono to 1x stereo cable

1 Like

About 6:40 Sweviver talks about deluxe ear clip-ons for 99$

11 Likes

99 extra to the standard mas, that might just be clip on to the deluxe audio strap and incompatible with the standard mas. Lets hope not though, but there hasn’t been a confirmation that the deluxe earphones are compatible with the standard mas yet.

1 Like