Will the deluxe headphones be available for purchase individually?

I ordered the Pimax 8K X standard headphone version and I heard that the deluxe version uses the same speakers as the Valve Index.

Are we able to buy the deluxe headphones separately at a later date? I want to evaluate the standard headphones once my 8K X arrives before considering whether to get the deluxe ones.

I see the Modular Audio Head strap listed here:
https://store.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/modular-audio-head-strap-311?category=6

But the deluxe head strap costs $220 whereas it’s only costs $100 if you get it together with the 8K X. Will Pimax make the deluxe headphones themselves available for purchase without the head strap?

4 Likes

Deluxe Version uses same quality speakers as the Vive Index. AFAIK, we don’t know if they are actually the same speakers.

1 Like

Hello Dmel642,

Unfortunately we can’t make the deluxe MAS without the head strap, it came in one piece.
You can purchase the deluxe MAS separately at a later date. It won’t be offline on the store.
No worries on that.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

That was he asking and I am pretty sure that was confirmed already because that’s the point of a modular design…

1 Like

Unfortunately, that didn’t quite answer the question, which also interests me.

Can the deluxe headphones be purchased separately (from the Deluxe MAS). Iirc, Pimax said that the headphones (only) could be purchased for ~$100, so that you can upgrade a standard MAS, which you already own. Thanks!

9 Likes

Hello Neal,

We do understand the situation, but we can’t promise anything first, as we will make the announcement after discussion by the team. But we will forward your suggestion to Robin.
It would be great for all user if this Deluxe headphones can be purchase solely without the strap.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Thanks! If it won’t be possible to buy them separately or it will be substantially delayed, I will want to upgrade my initial 8KX to include the Deluxe MAS.

11 Likes

I just upgraded. The way this works it that you get a $119 coupon, so you can buy the Deluxe Audio kit for $100 (+$35 shipping). Just open a ticket and tell them that you are an 8k X backer (optimally with the backer number) - or the order number in case you ordered it outside of Kickstarter and that you want to upgrade to the Deluxe headphones.
Think they will only send you the headphones then, not a second MAS. Which makes sense.
(Or perhaps we get a second one because they are produced together? Let’s see :slight_smile: At least we don’t have to pay the MAS twice)

5 Likes

Am i right in thinking MAS stands for modular audio strap?

Modular means things can be added to it.
I thought this was the whole point in it. It was modular & could be upgraded.

7 Likes

Hello Virtualmisterl,

Yes, MAS is stands for Modular Audio Strap.

2 Likes

Ok.
Well hopefully it can be upgraded else it will have to be renamed to the AS Or SAS :rofl:

4 Likes

In all seriousness though, i thought having it modular to upgrade the audio was always the plan.

I ordered a standard 8kx due to the fact nobody has seen or heard the delux version yet.
& due to that fact, i thought it may be a long wait & put orders on hold.
I was going to upgrade (from my understanding for $100) when we actually get some real world reviews. (If they were good reviews)

Buying a second strap for $220 would not be an option I would take personally.

6 Likes

Can the standard speaks be removed at least?

Such a simple question, such a Pimax answer

13 Likes

@PimaxQuorra, @SweViver, @PimaxUSA yes this really needs to be clarified as soon as possible because I think most people have been under the impression that the standard MAS would be able to be upgraded to a deluxe MAS at anytime in the future by purchasing the deluxe MAS headphones ONLY and attaching them to the standard MAS. That is what it means to be modular. If there is no upgrade path for the standard MAS that without having to buy a completely new deluxe MAS for $220 then that needs to be clearly stated.

If the upgrade path referenced by NoamLoop above, where we would get a coupon to bring the cost for a buying a separated deluxe MAS down to $100 is how it will work in the future after everything has been officially released then that is fine I guess, but that would seem to not be in Pimax’s best interest.

11 Likes

I would like to know this as well, since i ordered the MAS believing i could upgrade it by the “Deluxe-Module” for 100$ later on.

But i fear they refer to it as modular, because you can exchange the “textile-strap-module” with the “MAS/DMAS-module”…

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra
The BIG question is what exactly is modular in Modular Audio Strap?

10 Likes

What, you can not upgrade the normal MAS with deluxe headphones??
There must be a misunderstanding somewhere.

14 Likes

You guys need to answer this before you enter Chinese New Year. I think this goes without saying.

A friend of mine has an MAS ordered as well, and intends to upgrade to DMAS when it comes out - using the modular design, by just buying the Deluxe speakers - which are then supposed to get attached to the MAS.

8 Likes

Same for me. Audio is very very important.
Many told to me that standard MAS was upgradable.
So i was quiet

But now i would like to make a choice.

We need a review of standard MAS of @mixedrealityTV as first thing in a quiet room.
I am confident it’s not bad

Second thing,
Just yesterday watching a pimax photo i thought,
“Hey with “deluxe audio” it has two system speakers, why they are not copying valve design for that part ?” and now the design by the team have been changed.
Pimax should show new photos and manage the review of a prototype de luxe audio as soon as possible

Third thing
At the end is it still upgradable ?,
The only way to answer yes is that @SweViver make a video for new users 8K+/8K X that don’t have standard MAS showing how to mount

but the price…

1 Like