Will the deluxe headphones be available for purchase individually?

@asonkin65 I think Pimax means that it’s modular in the sense that the whole strap can be removed from the headset and attached to any other Pimax headset (like how a graphics card is modular with the whole computer). It seems the individual parts of it are not modular but Pimax may be working toward a solution in the near future for those who want to attach deluxe speakers to the standard MAS.

If that’s the case, there will be a lot of new support tickets asking Pimax to change 8KX or 8K+ MAS orders to DAS.

I ordered 8KX with MAS being sure that my order won’t be delayed due to the DAS being not ready, and that I can always upgrade MAS to DAS with headphones only for 1/2 price of DAS in case MAS audio quality is not sufficient for me.

Now, if MAS is not upgradable, and Pimax will be sending 8KX without MAS/DAS first, I don’t really see a reason to pay extra $200+ for extra DAS, I would rather upgrade to DAS now for $100.

2 Likes

Things like this made the reputation of Pimax… Sad but true…

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the 8K X will be shipped together with the MAS in March/April.

I think the standard MAS will probably be sufficient quality in a quiet room. Plus they have headphone jacks, so you can always plug in your own headphones.

1 Like

Well, even during the CES it’s been said that MAS is still a prototype and DAS wasn’t even present, so I can’t complain that I was given wrong info…

And the other option for Pimax is to say that 8KX and 8K+ will be released second half of 2020, get everything tested and ready before making an announcement and avoid all of this… Now do I prefer this option? Not really.

1 Like

Yes, this is something I’m still considering, but I would rather avoid using my 3D printer to print custom MAS ears :slight_smile: or 3-rd party headphone clips for MAS.

@SweViver Martin, I’ve seen on one of the CES videos that Robert gave Sebastian a pair of normal headphones, but I can’t understand what kind of headphones can be used with MAS, is something like Razer Nari can be an option?

1 Like

You don’t understand. The standard mas has headphone jacks that you can plug in your earphones/headphones into. Just like when you plug in earphones into your phone or computer. No need to print anything. At least thats what I got from the MRTV video

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I want to understand - how and what kind of headphones we can use with MAS? On one of MRTV CES videos Robert gave Sebastian normal headphones and they went over MAS.

If I can use my Nari Ultimate, that would be great.

2 Likes

No, the head phone jacks are on the HMD. The question is wether the deluxe head phones can some how be attached to the rigid strap of the MAS. It sounds like they do not know yet which is kind of odd because in the past they said they could.

3 Likes

This is BS again speculations arise because Pimax is unable to communicate clearly and seems to revert things they once said.

It looks like the teams are like a tentacle, one hand is not knowing what the other hands are doing and vice versa…

7 Likes

Yeah, really a shame that an official response hasn’t been made to clear this up by now. It is an extremely simple question.

2 Likes

Dear @PimaxQuorra, it would be good to know:

• can the S-MAS be updated to the D-MAS
  • can the Audio be removed or moved (especially the D-MAS) so that other head phones can be used
  • or can the audio only be placed over the existing Audio (OK for S-MAS - harder vor D-MAS)?
  • Best Pratice for preorderers to Change (Ticket for Sales and ask to upgrade or Downgrade ?)

Edit @PimaxUSA and @SweViver - do you have experience with that?

14 Likes

I assume so. It would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a modular strap if you couldn’t buy them separately.

1 Like

3 Likes

In PD1 it was said if you find a situation where background noise is an issue you “will be able to swap them” the graphic also showed this:

So assume this is just a misunderstanding, hopefully someone at pimax can clarify quickly that the original info given is still valid?

5 Likes

I sure hope so. My concern was triggered by the lack of an earphone upgrade on the store pages, while there is an option to buy the complete Deluxe MAS (for a much larger price).

5 Likes

Yea, I assumed this was just pending finishing making them and then be able to show them off to offer people the option of either and an option to upgrade if you’re not one of the “90% who will be happy with the default”(PD1) option.

2 Likes

Well not hoping so, but you can swap the whole MAS and so audio with it… :persevere:

1 Like

ah, thought i remembered this. In the left black column the last sentence under modular design. “… Modular Audio Strap with various audio solutions.”

3 Likes

Well, just before I upgraded to the 8KX with standard MAS, I asked if the MAS could be upgraded right here on the forum and the COO said yes. That better be the case.

7 Likes