Will the deluxe headphones be available for purchase individually?

He said it was 2 mono inputs didn’t he? Or that the speakers were mono. Also 3.5mm not 2.5 as far as I heard.

Yeah sorry i meant 3.5mm and no he said stereo audio jacks if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

I had stereo in mind also the connectors where at least Stereo
Edit:

Seems to be “TRRS” at least the Plug @SweViver pulled out

2 Likes

The pimax 4k headser and speakers use dual jacks and on that model both pass stereo output. Now most will not be removing the MAS so a simple Y cable going along top of cowl would work fine.

5 Likes

Hopefully the 8kx will be the same then.

I think all the headsets ive owned have had a standard 3.5mm stereo port & I’ve used them all for my own headphones or for my woojer vest.
I would prefer not to use a 2xmono to 1x stereo cable

1 Like

About 6:40 Sweviver talks about deluxe ear clip-ons for 99$

11 Likes

99 extra to the standard mas, that might just be clip on to the deluxe audio strap and incompatible with the standard mas. Lets hope not though, but there hasn’t been a confirmation that the deluxe earphones are compatible with the standard mas yet.

1 Like

I get we’re missing an exact and clear statement here, and what started all this has yet to be cleared up fully and officially. But I’m far from your line of thinking.

So there is a MAS and a DMAS but I can’t conclude from this that if you want deluxe on an existing MAS as stated in the vid you can buy for $99 but you’re thinking you have to clip them on instead in some hybrid way because the MAS doesn’t support the deluxe headphones? :thinking:

And for what reason? your line of thinking suggests they are having to make 2 versions of MAS which would be ridiculous, inefficient and not follow what was originally said.

The main question has mainly been if they will offer them as an addon to the MAS. I’m satisfied this is likely. But certainly, a confirmed statement would probably be welcome to many considering the imminent end of the upgrade plans and equally imminent delivery of MAS in stretch goals for backers.

My personal question is if this is an addon for $99. Why do pimax keep telling people if they order the deluxe MAS they will have to wait for it. From what’s said people are paying the same $99 extra so surely they should get the MAS and then the deluxe addon? Not just deluxe only? Will the deluxe MAS include the over ear speakers in the box to swap back to? the value one way doesn’t add up.

EDIT: After re-checking I realise you might be saying the option is for $99 deluxe audio headphones to only be able to clip onto the deluxe mas (that already has the headphones)? if so… wtf are you smoking???

5 Likes

On the basis the Standard MAS has been said to have 2 audio jack inputs (and the headset has 2 female inputs when bought with Standard MAS),
and the deluxe MAS only will have 1 audio input on the MAS and one female input on the headset.

These facts, along with swevivers additional comments he made in the MAS review video at CES, lead me to believe that the Deluxe MAS will have a cable running internally around the back of the head on the inside of the deluxe mas to connect each deluxe earphone together.

Due to the fact the standard MAS does not have this cable on the interior of the back end of the standard MAS near the counterweight, you can infer that there is a likelihood that the deluxe headphones will only be compatible with the deluxe mas.

You know I did make this reasoning very clear in my above posts, so I could ask you the same question about what substances you’ve been smoking, since you lacked the capacity to interpret my above posts which carry the same message

“facts” “fact”… :thinking:

ok… so I’ll leave you to carry on… if you believe there is an option to add a deluxe headphone for $99 to a deluxe mas… then either you’re trolling or well I’ve no idea.

I never said that. I only said that each MAS is likely not as modular as we have been initially told. Which means Deluxe earphones may only be compatible with deluxe mas.

I said the contrary to what you interpreted, that the standard MAS may not be compatible with the deluxe earphones. Obviously the deluxe earphones will come with the deluxe MAS, I never said they wouldn’t.

1 Like

What else do you call this?

I also used the terms ‘might’ and ‘if’ as it’s actually very ambiguous what you’re saying as per above.

1 Like

99 extra to the standard MAS.

Might be incompatible with the standard MAS.

I call it the exact same thing I’ve been saying to you just worded differently. You obviously have a problem interpreting what I’m saying because I never said that the deluxe earphones would not come with the deluxe mas, or that they would be incompatible with the deluxe mas.

Because we haven’t gotten explicit confirmation the deluxe earphones will be sold for $99 extra and they can clip onto the standard mas;
Sweviver could have meant the deluxe mas is $99 extra compared to the standard MAS and it comes with the deluxe earphones.

1 Like

Why would they sell an addon for the standard mas that’s incompatible with the standard mas? I’ve no idea what you’re saying here now so yes I do have a problem interpreting this! And I didnt say you said they would be incompatible with the deluxe mas?

OK, backing out of this nonsense.

1 Like

Standard Mas comes with standard earphones.

Deluxe Mas comes with deluxe earphones.

Each speaker type may not be compatible with the different mas type (deluxe earphones may not work with standard mas), thats all I’ve been trying to say. Going off swevivers comments in his mas review video.

Same here. I’m not going to entertain this further with you. I hope I’m wrong about that, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Hello Fabrizio,

Will do mate. We already wrote down all the requests, and submit to the team.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hello NoobstaysNoob,

For the Vision series (8K Plus and 8KX) will feature 2x stereo 3.5mm audio jacks.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

11 Likes

Every Vision HMD has two 3.5mm jacks.
Only the MAS for current 5K and 8K has one 3.5mm male plug.

4 Likes

Great news. The confirmation both 8K+ and 8KX have two stereo 3.5mm inputs means that the concerns I mentioned should not be a problem.

3 Likes

That part was covered by Sweviver in CES materials. Relax & drink some Bahama Mamma’s :wink:

5 Likes