Will pimax 8k work with PS move?

Reason I ask is, I’m considering doing a 3 camera setup for my deepoon E3 HMD, as well as using the move controllers,
but would like to swap it out for the 8k once released. Do you forsee any issues?

If there might be issues I won’t bother setting it all up.

One last question, how is nolo working with pimax 4k these days?.. Will nolo work with 8k version

With the psmove if your using steam i don’t 4 see an issue. Now if your thinking on using a lighthouse mixed with the move to track tge headset; then not sure. @crony might know on this kinda setup.

1 Like

Thanks!!

I just watched a setup guide!.. It looks super duper complicated!.

I think I might just buy Nolo… I notice Nolo only comes with one lighthouse tracker… Can you add a second?

With nolovr not sure. @cmm i think has nolo. As for the psmove drvr4vr might make setup easier. @jonnypanic & @pimax_fr is also an excellent source for info.

Great thanks!

If anyone wants to sell their nolo let me know :slight_smile:

Recently took an swing with Nolo:

It was no good for my setup arrangement (not enough range) and not being able to use Piplay 1.1.92 really annoyed me so back to the box it went.

Also tried Leap Motion:

That was frustrating only because of involuntary gestures being picked up.

PSMove setup is not too bad once you get the hang of the setup process:

Use to have an 4 Camera setup going and aside from occasional jitter, it was quite usable.

Bought but never tried Driver4VR, simply haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Mind you, all this was months ago so things may have improved.

2 Likes

And with oculus touch & steam?

Is it easier to setup move controllers with Driver4VR rather than PSMove services? Somehow I got it like first you have to setup psmove services than driver4vr on top of it! Any help with link would be appreciated…

Isn’t there a kinnect setup for 360 tracking with controllers?

With PS move I need 3x PS ping pong style controllers and I must Velcro one to my head?

There is a 21 minute setup guide on youtube for psmove, but I lost him as soon as he said listen :slight_smile:

You can use a ping pong ball for head tracking

I personally found the move tracking to be as flakey as all heck … ended up picking up a rift on craigslist to tide me over until i get both my headset and pimax tracking … although I might pick up some v1 HTC stuff once I get the 8k headset … depends on when we get the 8k I guess

1 Like

The latest beta of Driver4vr lets you use a kinect for psmove tracking. Haven’t tried it yet but it looks promising.
It isn’t full 360 yet. The dev is also working on kinect + leap with psmove, I think. But whatever setup you are going for, driver4vr is probably still useful. @CMM driver4vr has improved a lot. The dev has been listening to users a lot and often implements their suggestions, highly recommended.

I use driver4vr with leap and it works great for many games. I won’t use psmove service anymore cos I think it will become obsolete with psmove support in driver4vr.

2 Likes

Going to get an Kinect but should it be the 360 version or One version?

Ordered both just in case.

What’s the best mobile/tablet display for vr to use with riftcat?

I can’t say on that. But Google should have an answer.

General recommendation:

1. Daydream certified for decent vr specificstion.

Thanks… I just bought a wearality sky… Will test with my s8+ once here

1 Like

I am not sure if xbox one kinect works with Pimax, I use xbox 360 kinect. Check the driver4vr forum.

Tracking is shakey for me right now, but I havent updated. And Greg is going to add led tracking soon, which should improve it.

Ill try out the psmove tracking in a short while and get back.

In the meantime, here is proof:

1 Like

Thanks foe info! :slight_smile:

Have you tried nolo at all yet?

If so do you like?

Nolo does not work with Driver4VR on my side, well, all is well until an actual button/trigger press.

SteamVR crashes with “VR Server is not running” message.

The SteamVR server log complains about not being able to load vrcompositor_bindings_generic.json.

If it could get past that, it may very well work with Piplay 1.1.92 but even on latest Piplay, it’s the same result for me.

I have just bought kinect one as apparently 360 version isn’t as good.

How do I connect the kinect to my pc? I seen an adapter on Amazon but they want £50 lol