Why are headset choices locked in Pimax!?

I don’t think xunshu is even on the forums anymore…

1 Like

I sent this thread via email to Xunshu and Kevin…

1 Like

Oh I have just read this in the shipment update, which says we CAN switch to BE edition!

“Since there is a sufficient supply of the 5K Plus headsets, if any 8K backers choose to switch to 5K Plus, we can ship it immediately. And meanwhile, 5K BE has passed the internal quality verification process, and we have just started to collect the number of those who would like to switch to 5K BE. If there are any backers who would like to change their choices, we will also give priority to the production of 5K BE. Please contact us if you would like to switch to the BE version.”

Great!

1 Like

Is it just the black levels you were impressed with or was there a huge difference in all the colours compared to the 5k+ ?

All colors simply looked better. Also probably because there is more contrast now with those darker blacks. Just great.

2 Likes

From a strategical point of view you should take what you can now to reduce the risk of lost.

What do you mean by reduce the risk of lost?

Do you know when you’re receiving a 5KBE for review? I’m looking very forward to it.

This makes me want to scream. I’ve been trying to contact Pimax for weeks about switching to the 5K BE and have gotten nothing outside the initial “choices are locked” response. Apparently they aren’t???

I’m coming from a Vive Pro and really hate to go from OLED to LCD. I can deal with some SDE.

Pretty sure my 5K+ has been shipped already.

/waves fist at @anon74848233 @Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

I know your time has been limited with the 5KBE but for someone who owns an Odyssey + and has never owned another headset would you suggest the 5k+ or 5KBE?

I don’t recall if you experienced “wobble” in the 5KBE and the refresh is obviously lower compared to the 5K+. I love the colors and blacks on the O+ and the SDE is almost entirely eliminated so it seems in the quest for a larger FOV that I’ll have to give up one or the others?

Supen 1360 change from 8k to 5k+. @Matthew.Xu @anon74848233

Please ship asap… my next child comes within 4 weeks and then i cant use headset for A long time :wink:

I have replied to you at SUPEN. Thank you.

1 Like

Can you send your question to Support again? our customer service staff will get back to you soon. Thank you

1 Like

SUPEN-1385 - it seems my previous support account was deleted? I had to create a new one. My email wasn’t even in the system anymore.

Though at this point it’s probably too late. We were specifically told that we could change our pledges to the OLED version of the 5K+ and would have a chance to see reviews to help us make a decision.

To refresh your memory, Pimax said in this October 18th post:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/about-pimax-business-versions-and-models-for-the-upcoming-pre-order/9462?u=neelrocker

To help you to make a decision, we will:

• provide official comparison on the Pimax website;
  • ship testing units to reviewers asap ; and
  • bring the demo to you in meetups.

^This (bold) has not happened. In fact, when we even got a sliver of info from CES first impressions the HMD choices were locked down almost immediately. Conflicting information has trickled out since then, but I (and no one else that I’ve seen) have gotten any answers.

It’s really discouraging.

1 Like