Why are headset choices locked in Pimax!?

Im talking about preorderer not kickstarters. My argument here is preorderer can cancel and get their money back. Kickstarters can not get a refund. Which is why the longer they wait the bigger the possability a vr headset get announced with better or close specs.

good choice from a business point of view, speeding up distribution and saturating the market, also every pimax owner is a potential customer for wireless and other modules

atm only valve is the unknown within about 8-12 month when it comes to wider field of view, samsung (OD+), htc and oculus have shown @ CES what they have
the hmd pictures taken ~6/2018 showed a good amount of units so a launch in 2019 might be possible (might also explain the shortage of new 2.0 lighthouses, valve is building up stock for its own hmd?)

Hi there and greetings from Las Vegas. I had asked the Pimax team here about this issue yesterday and they told me people can still change to 5k BE. I think itā€™s one of those cases again where one hand does not know what the other does. I will let Xunshu and Kevin know about this thread and they can give you the official answer here.

15 Likes

This is good if people switch to 5K BE that means preorder will ship earlier for 5k users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well pardon my confusion as I was trying to relate your comment to the ā€œtopicā€ of locking the KS backers in to a choice for no perceived reason which has nothing to do with pre-orders or how that affects things. The KS units are still set to be finished at the end of the month (as they were when the pre-order desk opened). So even though your point is off topic it is also without much merit, delay wise, any more now than then.
The Chinese shut down hard for 2- 3 weeks starting in Feb (national vacations are taken at the same time). Consider that as a reason for cancelling but Oculus Rift delay was 4 to 7 months because they guess wrong on demand and of course they are no longer around. Anyway not the topic so Iā€™ll stop hijacking the thread.

1 Like

Good to hear thanks Sebastion

1 Like

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool there is no end to the confusion

4 Likes

Has anyone mentioned lately how awesome you are Sebastian? Because youā€™re pretty fricken awesome! As long as I can delay my choice to hear your review first then I am a happy camper.

4 Likes

more than 50% has been send and everything will be send within two weeks, how is this possible?

Great man, glad to hear you appreciate my work.

2 Likes

They are making over 200 per day from what im seeing. It very possible

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pictures-the-pimax-products-are-ready-to-send-10th-jan-2019/10828/744?u=jeroen
iā€™m afraid itā€™s another easy promise where the other part of the company gets in trouble, (edit) we even couldnā€™t swap between 8k and 5k+ anymore, that was obvious for logistic reasons. That anouncement is still pinned

btw. the pinned topic about the locked choice seem to be removed
something going on?

interesting, not that i want the oled version with more SDEā€¦

It was just unpinned.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-9th-jan-kickstarter-are-in-final-step-now-headset-type-can-not-be-changed/12573

Are backers still gonna hear something official @deletedpimaxrep1?

8 Likes

I Guess not . So everyone will remain confused :pleading_face:

1 Like

Especially if the 5k black dot issue is solved! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @deletedpimaxrep1 is there an official response from Pimax regarding headset choice lock-ins? Thank you.

This topic should get a reply once per day. Perhaps we will get a response one fine day?