Who has stable LH 2.0 tracking on 8Kx 😀

There are 2 releases of the v2.0 LHes.

Original v2 say SteamVR 2.0 have old housing with I believe unused Link cable port on back(pimax has these)

Then the Revised Ones that say Valve V2.

Led codes are a bit different ie color of led states.

5 Likes

yes I belive there are 2 as well.image

Mine is Valve “branded” like the one on the right.
Which is yours @Fomatter ?

3 Likes

Mine say SteamVR…

4 Likes

The Valve revision has some form factor improvements removal of the likely unused port. And I believe the Valve branded has slightly better fov vs og Steamvr release model.

3 Likes

Hi Milopapa

Which BS2.0’s do you have the one on the left or the right ?

2 Likes

Yeah I have 3 of the Valve branded ones and I get jitters in steamVR environments. Thing is it’s actually pretty smooth in pimax home. But in DCS or SteamVR home the tracking becomes sub-par.

3 Likes

All 3 says Valve on them. Oh, and have the green light on.

3 Likes

Mine is the Valve type with the green light. Jitters like mad.

3 Likes

Well boys… we might be a little closer to figuring out the issue here lol. Looks like there’s definitely a trend of the Valve branded V2’s and the 8KX’s not behaving together. Seems like something that could be fixed by software. I’d really like someone from the company to look into this jitter issue.

4 Likes

If this is the case it makes one wonder what Valve changed in the Revised model.

As both are manufactured by Valve. Just also wondering how much of the old model valve still has stock or if there manufacturing both versions still.

2 Likes

Thats not only jittering, it is zooming out as well.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s “Wobbling” on all 3 axis
In/Out - Up/Down - Left/Right

tracking get’s even worse when moving around in the room turning my head and such.

I get the wobbling also in the steam vr environment. But it goes away in most games but not all. I didn’t have this with my 8k+ or the 5k+ I sold about a year ago. I will look and see what my base statoins are.

Edit: mine are also the Valve type with green light!

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

1 Like

hmm, I dont really seem to get a wobbling in the Steam VR Home. But my base stations are from the index ones which are on the back SteamVR ones.

I got my index gear on the first wave on release. I only notice maybe a slight movement just a tad little bit.

(Green light as usual)

3 Likes

I have 2 LH with “STEAMVR” logo. Working fine most of the time. Default channels.
Just once one saber was flickering in the BeatSaber.

3 Likes

Hi BugBuster
Are you using an 8Kx ?
There are no default channels, if delivered as a part of a full Valve Index set they are defaulted to channels 1 & 2 Otherwise they can be set to any channel between 1 & 16 if I remember correctly

Please stick to the OP :wink:
This is not about tracking of controllers, just the 8Kx and Valve Index Basestation 2.0’s

2 Likes

I have 8KX and got Index controllers&LH as a Plan F in April. I just plugged it and it worked and I didn’t change anything.

3 Likes

Great, so Valve basestaions 2.0 delivered from Pimax.
This makes sense, as these are the ones they have tested with. (I presume)

2 Likes

I attached that photo and raised this potential explanation of our jitter problem on my support ticket…

2 Likes