Wheres all the OMG posts?

No I’m not. Using beta.
I launch from steam.
In my PiTools. Says. Must open steam. When start from PiTools.

I can confirm, games launched from PiTool don’t use Steam settings, only PiTool ones.

1 Like

I’m with most of the follow up posts. Image is OMG! and the resolution is awesome compared to Oculus and PS VR, but setting it up, constantly tweaking it, not fitting right, glasses rubbing up against the lenses etc. makes me want to go back to Oculus until they sort out all the kinks.

I’m not angry nor am I too frustrated. I knew that I was paying for a new and somewhat unfinished product and that if many buy it and support it, the upgrades and later versions are going to be really great! We are the early adopters.

8 Likes

oke, so less settings to get it right, is the wobble so disturbing? and if it’s less without steam it must be software/driver issue. i don’t notice it myself btw, using steam beta, don’t know if it would help

I don’t notice it at all with games launched from PiTool, for games launched from Steam it’s like having my head on a spring.

just free thinking, sounds like a hefty problem(i did understand it was completly gone with starting from pitools) so its impossible to ignore in both scenarios, at the same time very few people complain about it, i then think it can’t be just a sensitivity to latency, and would be a hardware problem. I would contact support about it, just hear what they say and if they are familiar with it.
Can you ask a friend if he sees it? Then you know for sure if it’s your sensitivity or a problem in software/hardware

I don’t see how people would not notice it.
I ll do more experimentation, and as you suggest I will contact Pimax if I can’t find what is causing it.

Yes would do that, have you tried with and without gyroscoop? and is your system good enough?

I am still holding my OMG back, because I want to see how reliable vive base tracking is in rFactor 2. However… so far Pimax is device of my dreams, I am very satisfied, even with gyroscope tracking. Yes, just as expected there are some drawbacks compared to cv1 (oled, colors, minor reduction in comfort, no ASW analog), but I have zero doubts about selling my cv1 and so happy to uninstall all the bloatware, home, dash etc and never look back or hear about it. No controllers, no headphones, no stuff I don’t need. It seems that Pimax will leave users in control of their PC, and will let them decide what to use, to update or not etc, something I really appreciate.

2 Likes

I just found my OMG moment…I sent my 8K back for RMA and OMG the Rift is bad in comparison!

I realised I didn’t get the OMG moment with the 8K because it just felt and looked natural, it’s only when you go back to a Rift you realise the ma-hoooooosive difference there is.

I want my replacement 8K, the Rift is such a step down now!

8 Likes

You mean trying with lighthouses turned off?

yep to see if it is a tracking issue…

Just tried, same problem with lighthouses turned off.

It’s related to performance, I just tried with Steam SS at minimum and PiTool at 1, problem gone.
But I don’t get this problem with games launched from PiTool at much higher resolution so it’s not the hardware, I would get lag but not that delay in the response to head mouvement.

1 Like

oke good to know, you mean the ss settings at a minimum in steamvr video? You can go upto 40% with minimal loss.

I reinstalled PiTool and SteamVR, I think it’s working properly now.

Have you noticed the horizontal lines when you move your head? They disappear as soon as you stop moving.

1 Like

“Wheres all the OMG posts?”

Just got Skyrim dialed in, Pitool 1.25, large FOV, resolution good enough, 80+ FPS all the time, I think Ooh/Whoaa atleast.
Impressed.

Oh yeah, with the hi-res textures and weathermods and whatnot.

8 Likes

Are you playing the original Skyrim or the VR version?

Skyrim VR.
It really seems this headset is awesome, but it gotta be be tuned up just right.

It seems now it’s just the lack of the realtime photorealistic content and the PC horsepower.

10 Likes

nicee, no don’t have that…

So jealous reading … it seems just a few days ago you guys were in the same boat as me waiting. Now you’ve gone to the other side and happy with your 8Ks.

OMG how long will I have to wait!

2 Likes