What if I'm fine with my 5k+?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/question-on-the-100-downgrade-coupon/23057/2?u=spamenigma
https://community.openmr.ai/t/move-here-to-discuss-pimax-day-2/23028/180?u=spamenigma

5 Likes

Absolutely, that $100 was the difference in cost between the two HMD’s on the kickstarter, so it’s actual money we all paid, and we were offered that money back in the form of a voucher for all accessories.

This situation makes Pimax look atrocious doing this which is why this has got to be a mistake! If not this is disgraceful!!

19 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @SweViver I also hope this isn’t true. We were told that the $100 coupon could be used for anything. I will not be upgrading my 5k+ as I am happy with it! So I would like to use my $100 coupon toward something else e.g. eyetracking (even though that was supposed to be free) or hand tracking.

You have a reputation for innovation (this is great) but please don’t lose any more goodwill by moving the goalposts. Good customer feedback is often what makes or breaks a company - you have an opportunity to garner a lot of positive feedback from the community please don’t waste it.

15 Likes

I don’t read it as a curtailment of it’s original stated use which would be illegal in couponing laws in many countries and that was that is could be used to buy Pimax products in their store.
The “how it is used” seems to be how it is used in the plans which more that if you have 8K-5K+ coupon you have to use it.
I have as for clarification from Kevin here https://community.openmr.ai/t/move-here-to-discuss-pimax-day-2/23028/252

1 Like

There is no difference between using the coupon as promised several times for anything in the store, and using it to buy another headset in the store. This is bs.

1 Like

He’s directly answering a question on the use of the voucher for accessories.

and Kevin says that plan A and C are “the only methods the coupon can be used”

There is no ambiguity in that Q & A from my perspective.

3 Likes

The 100usd if you switch down to 5k+ can be used for anything you buy, but yestarday they talked about 8k+ and 8kx so it was shown used for that.

I don’t need another headset, I want to use the downgrade coupon to get accessories, like I was told I could do months ago.

I would not have downgraded if I knew the coupon could only be used to buy another headset.

4 Likes

20 charsssssssssssss

1 Like

They cant do that change.

@PimaxUSA I hope you’re following this thread and see the backers reactions.

6 Likes

:poop: :tornado: :cloud_with_lightning:

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA @SweViver
Someone needs to respond to this and be quite precise in the response.

Is Pimax now saying that the coupon we received for going to 5K+ ($100) is not able to be used as it was when issued and that is in the Pimax store to buy Pimax made items like controllers?

Consider the number of 5K+ backers and how many are likely NOT to buy another headsets at this time. Consider what telling them the $100 is useless unless you buy an upgrade headset means. Consider the fallout, the publicity and the legality of changing coupon redemption rules long after issuance, in many countries.

Above all consider the importance of the question to those backers and answer it.

13 Likes

Backlash will be pretty bad. Goodwill worth much more financially than annoying a unbelievable patient customer base who have had to wait months for a delayed product, broken promises on stretch goals (eye tracking), non-existent hardware (controllers and lighthouses), constant product revisions and a very buggy software user experience. People put up with a lot if they know a company like Pimax is innovating (which they are).

What they wont put up with is feeling like they have been taken advantage of i.e. many people accepted downgrade to 5k+ on proviso of $100 coupon that they could use for ANYTHING. Only to be told no your can’t. I for one cannot afford to spend another $700+ on a new headset to use my $100 coupon.

It’s such a shame. I had such high hopes that Pimax would blow the competition away. I think that the reputation damage could be irreparable if they don’t manage this in the right way.

@SweViver @PimaxUSA

12 Likes

The $100 5k+ downgrade coupon should be honored for ANY Pimax product.

My particular interest is towards the ‘Current Owner’ option, where I do not wish to opt-out of stretch goals or my paid full package.

Any attempt by Pimax to limit use to only options A & C, is nothing less than a pernicious cash grab and moving of goal posts.

Pimax needs to honor the coupon. Period!

7 Likes

Well this seems to be a question for @Matthew.Xu & @PimaxVR.

Those Backers who downgraded from 8k to 5k+

Will pimax honor the original terms & allow backers to use this “Universal” coupon on pimax products as Advertised?

Ie Towards

• Index Controller upgrade. ($170 - $100 = $79)
  • Hand Tracking Module (? - $100 = ?)
  • Eyetracking module ($100 - $100 = $0)
    Etc…

Or towards new headset in your offerings.

Please also answer the same with those whom accepted crack coupons.

I look forward to those asked Honorable response. :beers::sunglasses::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

12 Likes

Yes, me too! I have always understood we could use it for anything, one of the reasons i downgraded from the 8k+ that time.
If this is true, the whole campaign can be seen as a big lie to us backers, that have put their trust in this company. That would be shameless and would definitely mean, i am not upgrading the controllers anymore, because i’ve had my fair share of dissapointments now.

5 Likes

Interesting point, as I was also offered a ‘Crack Coupon’ by Dallas.

2 Likes

All these pesky coupons are biting Pimax in the ‘Crack’! :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s a mistake calling the $100 a ‘coupon’ or ‘voucher’, it’s neither, it’s $100 credit that we are owed for switching from the 8K to the 5K+. Calling it a coupon makes it sound like it’s something they’ve generously given to us and therefore can imply conditions on its use. They cannot.

This debacle is going to cost them dearly. I am sat here, quite prepared to place an order for the ‘owner’ 8K+ upgrade package, but only on the proviso that I can use my $100 credit, and my $100 wireless voucher towards it. I have no intention of giving up my stretch goals because they formed a part of the investment I made through Kickstarter and I expect them to be honoured (with the exception of the eye tracking, I can accept that the production costs of that were much higher than anticipated).

So, in a nutshell…

• $100 credit must be honoured towards ANY PiMax product or package.
  • $100 wireless coupon should be honoured as a credit, as there has been zero development of the module it was intended to pay for.
  • All other stretch goals should be honoured.
15 Likes