What if I'm fine with my 5k+?

Well this seems to be a question for @Matthew.Xu & @PimaxVR.

Those Backers who downgraded from 8k to 5k+

Will pimax honor the original terms & allow backers to use this “Universal” coupon on pimax products as Advertised?

Ie Towards

• Index Controller upgrade. ($170 - $100 = $79)
  • Hand Tracking Module (? - $100 = ?)
  • Eyetracking module ($100 - $100 = $0)
    Etc…

Or towards new headset in your offerings.

Please also answer the same with those whom accepted crack coupons.

I look forward to those asked Honorable response. :beers::sunglasses::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

12 Likes

Yes, me too! I have always understood we could use it for anything, one of the reasons i downgraded from the 8k+ that time.
If this is true, the whole campaign can be seen as a big lie to us backers, that have put their trust in this company. That would be shameless and would definitely mean, i am not upgrading the controllers anymore, because i’ve had my fair share of dissapointments now.

5 Likes

Interesting point, as I was also offered a ‘Crack Coupon’ by Dallas.

2 Likes

All these pesky coupons are biting Pimax in the ‘Crack’! :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s a mistake calling the $100 a ‘coupon’ or ‘voucher’, it’s neither, it’s $100 credit that we are owed for switching from the 8K to the 5K+. Calling it a coupon makes it sound like it’s something they’ve generously given to us and therefore can imply conditions on its use. They cannot.

This debacle is going to cost them dearly. I am sat here, quite prepared to place an order for the ‘owner’ 8K+ upgrade package, but only on the proviso that I can use my $100 credit, and my $100 wireless voucher towards it. I have no intention of giving up my stretch goals because they formed a part of the investment I made through Kickstarter and I expect them to be honoured (with the exception of the eye tracking, I can accept that the production costs of that were much higher than anticipated).

So, in a nutshell…

• $100 credit must be honoured towards ANY PiMax product or package.
  • $100 wireless coupon should be honoured as a credit, as there has been zero development of the module it was intended to pay for.
  • All other stretch goals should be honoured.
15 Likes

They would have won over a lot of people if they would have honored the wireless towards other things even if it was only the 8kx. They seem to have blown this opportunity and are in need of a quick response to recover any faith the enthusiast community may have. This is the worst PR event I have ever seen by any company.:grimacing::woozy_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

In the Day 2, they already said the wireless is only for the wireless and they also said they will have some video soon of the current wireless in action. Big pinch of salt on the upcoming video though from past experience.

3 Likes

I use google translation.
it’s true that we have to stop saying “100 $ coupon” but rather “100 $ money”.
i love pimax and i respect pimax for what they do, but i am not rich.
Pimax did not refund $ 100 when I upgraded to 5k +, so pimax kept my $ 100 cash for later use, and I want to use it for the index controller.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m hoping the original PimaxUSA statement that caused all this fuss was just an off the cuff incomplete statment… that only options A and C have and therefore use the $100 for downgrading from 8K to 5K+… but that if you don’t go with a new headset at this time and keep your backer package, nothing has changed and you still will have the $100 towards whatever you want in pimax accessories.

1 Like

It’s not really surprising at all that Pimax did this, I was kind of expecting it from the moment I agreed to take the 5k+.

It’s really a shame that the company is so bad, since the product is pretty good. I would have probably spent a decent amount of money on accessories and potentially even another headset if they had better public relations/customer service.

Oh well, life goes on :slight_smile:

Keep dreaming lol, he said that 18 hours ago then disappeared and hasn’t been back since. You don’t just say something like that then disappear when it isn’t true.

7 Likes

@PimaxUSA please reply to these posts. The goalposts keep moving for backers. We understand you are running a business and things change but how can new buyers trust Pimax to do right by them if you can’t keep your promises I.e. free eye tracking and downgrade credit.

I think people would have accepted the eye tracking as is was a stretch goal and you gave valid reasons for higher cost.

The downgrade credit, however, is simply terrible customer service. Many people downgraded on the basis that they would receive a credit to use on Pimax accessories. This arrangement ended up being completely asymmetric. Pimax got all of the benefit of a cheaper to produce headset and most backers will likely end up with NOTHING in exchange for the downgrade, unless they spend hundreds more with you. I, for one, cannot do this. I just want the agreed accessories and credit to spend on whatever I want from your store

This is NOT acceptable business practice. Please reconsider this position.

Thank you.

11 Likes

I asked about the $100 credit for downgrading to the 5K+ on Facebook and got this response

“Sir we will come out with the solutions for backers that don’t prefer to Upgrade the headset. And we will let everyone know the update.”

11 Likes

Thanks for this. It’s concerning that it wasn’t a straight “yes of course we will honour what we said”. Hoping we don’t end up with something that none of us really want.

Who was the Pimax employee who responded to you if you don’t mind me asking?

2 Likes

They didn’t give a name so it could be anyone that manages the Facebook page. I expect they are probably waiting for someone up the chain to give them the OK on their stance.

2 Likes

I think pimax is out of money now. So we will get nothing more as we already have. I send no more money for something i will never see something.

2 Likes

Totally agree 100% with what you wrote. but sadly if it’s about money or promises to be kept, Pimax has a habit of not reacting/keeping silence and play hide and seek.

That is how i will remember them and also how i’ve learned to know them.

5k switchers have a problem now and paid 100usd too much for their reward. Great way of making a name. You know, iḿ done with this. I was and i am for sure now.

2 Likes

If you follow Pimax’s Plan G you can travel back in time to prevent you from backing them in the first place. Currently the best upgrade plan imo.

11 Likes

I received some further clarification on the Pimax Facebook page. Sounds like @PimaxUSA was probably just speaking in the context of using the coupon for the plans.

"hi , we will send you the update from Kickstarter update with a full guide later, and you can ask for the $100 voucher by replying to that .

with the update , you will have the shipping days of the other items .

sorry for the late reply , as we have got quite a lot of inbound messages . Thank you for your understanding"

3 Likes

I’m curious. What was it that quote clarified for you?

Their response to me asking about the $100 credit for downgrading to the 5K+. See my previous comment.