What if I'm fine with my 5k+?

I backed 8k full package, swapped to 5+. What if I’m happy to keep it and not upgrade? Can I use the 100 towards the upgrade of controllers and still get all the stretch goals?
I’m not in a position to pay several hundred dollars to put my current headset in a box when (apart from some slight cracking) it works fine and will still be compatible with all the modules.

Quick summary of people’s feelings:

• Many backers don’t want to buy a new HMD when they are happy with the one they have/can’t afford or justify the cost.
  • Backers who swapped from 8k to 5k+ would like to use their $100 towards other things like the controller upgrade, eye tracking, wireless.
11 Likes

No, unless pimax come back to confirm this is all a mistake. Currently you can no longer use that $100, basically anyone who dropped to a 5k+ got the difference in money back as a voucher (that we’ve all been waiting for) but now that can only be redeemed if you buy a new HMD and also have to forfeit your stretch goals.

7 Likes

This is not acceptable,we all received the email confirming we could use the coupon for anything.

"We will deliver your package asap according to the information you fill out in the questionnaire.
We will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+.

You can use the coupon in whatever Pimax produced:

1. Accessories: headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame;
  2. Modules produced by Pimax. e.g. hand motion, wireless etc.
  3. Pimax controllers;
  4. When X becomes available, we’ll provide more benefits for both the 5K+ and 8K backers.

You can use both wireless coupon and the $100 coupon with 5K+ ($200 in total) to buy wireless module.
Since the accessories are not available now, you can use the $100 coupon in the future."

Basically I want to upgrade the controllers and base station now with a 100$ price reduction. Ty.

10 Likes

I have not heard this. Link to where you get this info please.

1 Like

Boy I hope this isn’t true. I haven’t piped up here often but they enticed us to a lower tier product by offering that $100. Seems pretty fraudulent to take it back after we accept those terms.

7 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/question-on-the-100-downgrade-coupon/23057/2?u=spamenigma
https://community.openmr.ai/t/move-here-to-discuss-pimax-day-2/23028/180?u=spamenigma

5 Likes

Absolutely, that $100 was the difference in cost between the two HMD’s on the kickstarter, so it’s actual money we all paid, and we were offered that money back in the form of a voucher for all accessories.

This situation makes Pimax look atrocious doing this which is why this has got to be a mistake! If not this is disgraceful!!

19 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @SweViver I also hope this isn’t true. We were told that the $100 coupon could be used for anything. I will not be upgrading my 5k+ as I am happy with it! So I would like to use my $100 coupon toward something else e.g. eyetracking (even though that was supposed to be free) or hand tracking.

You have a reputation for innovation (this is great) but please don’t lose any more goodwill by moving the goalposts. Good customer feedback is often what makes or breaks a company - you have an opportunity to garner a lot of positive feedback from the community please don’t waste it.

15 Likes

I don’t read it as a curtailment of it’s original stated use which would be illegal in couponing laws in many countries and that was that is could be used to buy Pimax products in their store.
The “how it is used” seems to be how it is used in the plans which more that if you have 8K-5K+ coupon you have to use it.
I have as for clarification from Kevin here https://community.openmr.ai/t/move-here-to-discuss-pimax-day-2/23028/252

1 Like

There is no difference between using the coupon as promised several times for anything in the store, and using it to buy another headset in the store. This is bs.

1 Like

He’s directly answering a question on the use of the voucher for accessories.

and Kevin says that plan A and C are “the only methods the coupon can be used”

There is no ambiguity in that Q & A from my perspective.

3 Likes

The 100usd if you switch down to 5k+ can be used for anything you buy, but yestarday they talked about 8k+ and 8kx so it was shown used for that.

I don’t need another headset, I want to use the downgrade coupon to get accessories, like I was told I could do months ago.

I would not have downgraded if I knew the coupon could only be used to buy another headset.

4 Likes

20 charsssssssssssss

1 Like

They cant do that change.

@PimaxUSA I hope you’re following this thread and see the backers reactions.

6 Likes

:poop: :tornado: :cloud_with_lightning:

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA @SweViver
Someone needs to respond to this and be quite precise in the response.

Is Pimax now saying that the coupon we received for going to 5K+ ($100) is not able to be used as it was when issued and that is in the Pimax store to buy Pimax made items like controllers?

Consider the number of 5K+ backers and how many are likely NOT to buy another headsets at this time. Consider what telling them the $100 is useless unless you buy an upgrade headset means. Consider the fallout, the publicity and the legality of changing coupon redemption rules long after issuance, in many countries.

Above all consider the importance of the question to those backers and answer it.

13 Likes

Backlash will be pretty bad. Goodwill worth much more financially than annoying a unbelievable patient customer base who have had to wait months for a delayed product, broken promises on stretch goals (eye tracking), non-existent hardware (controllers and lighthouses), constant product revisions and a very buggy software user experience. People put up with a lot if they know a company like Pimax is innovating (which they are).

What they wont put up with is feeling like they have been taken advantage of i.e. many people accepted downgrade to 5k+ on proviso of $100 coupon that they could use for ANYTHING. Only to be told no your can’t. I for one cannot afford to spend another $700+ on a new headset to use my $100 coupon.

It’s such a shame. I had such high hopes that Pimax would blow the competition away. I think that the reputation damage could be irreparable if they don’t manage this in the right way.

@SweViver @PimaxUSA

12 Likes

The $100 5k+ downgrade coupon should be honored for ANY Pimax product.

My particular interest is towards the ‘Current Owner’ option, where I do not wish to opt-out of stretch goals or my paid full package.

Any attempt by Pimax to limit use to only options A & C, is nothing less than a pernicious cash grab and moving of goal posts.

Pimax needs to honor the coupon. Period!

7 Likes