What happened to smell-o-vision?

Personally I’ve always thought the scent module was a waste of time and resources, it’d be better for Pimax to put those resources towards its other accessories. I doubt any games would end up supporting it anyway…

3 Likes

No one cares about it but Pimax. Personally I just want wireless.

4 Likes

I dont have any official information to share regarding this, but I assume its been put waaay down on the priority list, simply because its not an important accessory, and I guess we can all agree.

7 Likes

It stank. End of story.:sunglasses:

12 Likes

I believe it was 3rdparty co in Japan maybe?

Feelreal also has rhis covered.

There is no detail about all-in-one module too.

1 Like

Too busy making headset variations. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

There have been companies testing the idea of scent peripherials as a part of gaming almost as long as vr has been a thing. I get that they are working towards total immersion, but i ve always felt that invading my taste and smell senses would be a bit violating or at very least, unneeded. Maybe ill contiune to feel that way until someone does it and does it right… or ill just keep my nose to my self🙂

1 Like

However at least in Canada there now targetting E cigs as possible health hazards. Granted the news shows E cig folks smoking like a steam engine. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

So, are they coming out the Pimax original scent “smell of girls”

1 Like

Lol hard to say…did we ever get clarity what that was?

1 Like

What is it good for… Watching virtual movies and then smelling your seat neighbours in theatre?

2 Likes

Yes this dose not make sense, I smoked cigarettes for 40 years, then went to Ecigs, For Myself the Ecig whas a life saver, I feel so much better then when I smoked the real thing, and you can slowly reduce the nicotine to kick the habit with out missing the nicotine.

3 Likes

Good for you.
Other option which works is nicotine gum, but chewing that a year you start to look like a chipmunk.:chipmunk:
My friends experience. :beers:

About the topic, wasnt here some smell-o-vision company dude once?

1 Like

I had a good laugh with the " smell of girl " :joy:

1 Like

Last I heard the scent module was coming from Vaqso.

1 Like

Nope I thought the scent was com… NO not gona got there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Im actually waiting on my feelreal to be delivered.
Tbh im quite excited to see if they’ve got it right.
Smell can be a huge part of an experience.
Has anyone here experienced any theme park rides with smell like ratatouille disneyland, or tried any 5d movies with smell?
Ive done a few & i can tell you it adds a lot to the experience.
Also smell is one of the biggest triggers for memories.

Feelreal have quite a large collection of smells. I believe 50 or so & 9 can be used in the mask at a time.

1 Like

Yep. If you look at the campaign any shown on Camera are vaping like a steam engine & not smoking it like a smoker would. So naturally these new gen Vapers(non smokers) are over indulging.

1 Like