What gift would you like most for the $2m stretch goal?

The gift I would like the most is Quality control and the best components

I’m buying the 8K for visual quality not free gifts!!!

10 Likes

Truth, but let’s not forget the tracking! That was why I never bought a 4K in the first place.

1 Like

Same! but that’s been solved. The Valve painted tracking will be solid. No worries there

1 Like

Li-fi uses light but maybe limited to line of sight.

I just hope Valve hired the fellow from Hack a day as i believe he was working on the idea first; some really complex math.

I wasn’t as worried about room scale as already knew problems with Wii & kinect mishaps.

I chose the eye tracking module because most of my VR gaming is seated anyway. I spend more time in a cabin/cockpit than I do playing room-scale games. The cable isn’t really an issue when seated, for me. Even when playing room-scale games it’s no big deal - especially when suspended from the ceiling.

The eye tracking though, that adds a whole new feature to the device.

4 Likes

I vote for the wireless if you guys make it compatible with the 8K X.

i would say nothing… please focus on the headset… i guess we all know that delivering eye tracking with fov. rendering is quite a difficult task, as is a wireless modul! IMO we dont need any of these things! IMO they also should not develop their own ´´knuckels´´ controller. They should focus on the headset and get it right … like super right … Because if the controllers arent good you can exchange them for the real knuckels and if we dont get wireless we will still be able to play by the cable … but if there are any problems with the HMD itself… yeah then we have a big problem! …

@deletedpimaxrep1 please focus on the HMD´s … after a successfull realease we can think about foveated rendering and wireless :slight_smile: thats at least my opinion:)

5 Likes

these add-ons are being developed by partners, not pimax itself. so, nothing will dramatically distract from the headset development.

1 Like

How do you know that?

Xunshu stated that in one of the discussions here. CAn’t remember which thread but it was before the KS began.

They also said it on the tested review

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR can you confirm please ? Are all add-ons being developed by external partners ? If so can you list who is going to make the wireless and eye tracker ?

1 Like

Probably not quite all; I wouldn’t be surprised if the fan and perhaps eyeglass frames are in-house. But the smell, wireless and hand tracking modules certainly are partners; probably the markerless tracking too.

More then any of these features I’d like to have a breakaway box with bluetooth like the Vive has. Its going to suck having to manually turn on the base stations and possibly damage my pc if I pull on the cable by accident.

2 Likes

Take a look at kickstarter page. 3allity might be one that is making some of the add-ons(they have a vr funhouse)

1 Like

Wireless module please!

Late to the party… its already wireless module :slight_smile:

1 Like

An idea for the next stretch goal

How about a big shiny warranty card

Printed with gold ink

2 Likes

In a chocolate bar?
:smiley:

Sorry, I just went all Willy Wonka!

3 Likes