Well early backer here just like to say what ever you think it is ,its a lie

I was also ordering the very first moment it was available. I think your order just got pushed back to a later batch because some people were quicker than you, just a guess tho

2 Likes

Unfortunately, from your post, it does sound like you have some genuine problems with Pimax headsets. Approximately 15% of roadshow users don’t get the best possible experience.

If comfort alone is the problem though, and you are using a fabric strap, you may find the MAS to be much better.

You could also try something like this in the meantime (notice fabric strap at the back).

@Heliosurge I really appreciate your contributions, but sometimes, you only seem to comprehend plain language, missing all my context and subtext. Of course my point was that complaints about delays were spreading partly because of an actual virus. :wink:

6 Likes

I clicked at the absolute moment the button changed to allow me to so I don’t think so - I think they just thought American’s come first - unfortunately I’m serious, I really do think that’s probably what happened (for what ever reason - probably just logistics but still feel a bit ripped)!!!

2 Likes

I’ve just cancelled the order - I can live with out them. I’m actually one of the few that love the wands but just wanted to try them - but I’m fed up waiting on companies promises (mentioning no other names of course!!!)

1 Like

Except for the toggle-grip, I actually like the wands too. I think many do not appreciate that the wands are more of a learning curve, rather than outright bad.

2 Likes

Given the market tendency away from touch pads in controllers, I submit most prefer sticks for other reasons than a learning deficits. Personally, I just find thumb sticks easier on the thumb joints. Something you may come to appreciate more when your older. :smiley:

6 Likes

this topic is getting washed out with unnecessary reply’s ,bulshit follows in a constant path my last reply had no drive towards faulty item you need to read it again

1 Like

The topic has been washed out for 2 1/2 years. It’s kind of like the Covid coverage. Sometimes people just get exhausted hearing the same thing over and over.
Not to say your point isn’t taken. Carry on. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/well-early-backer-here-just-like-to-say-what-ever-you-think-it-is-its-a-lie/26801/22?u=heliosurge

Faulty item RMA for warranty or reach out to support to unbrick. :v::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

just like gods god this is all new s to snewz cant say i will and its been a drag ,good bye

1 Like

After 2.5 years of stalling, misinformation, and passing the buck I believe absolutely nothing from any pimax employee until the items I have paid for have arrived at my door. They are bankrupt of any credibility imo, at this point.

1 Like

At the risk of being as redundant “Not to say your point isn’t taken”

1 Like

Yes and I realise everyone at this point has heard my kind of statement regarding pimax ad nauseam, but every once in a while I exorcise the frustration-demons by putting it down “on paper” publicly, yet again. I wonder where Backers will be in yet another year from now, and yea the possibility of this dragging on even that long is real considering their past history. Like many others I’m using 3rd party hardware (1 used htc base station, DAS, and index controllers bought directly from Valve and delivered in 8 days) to hobble and patch together pimax’s sole delivery, the hmd.

1 Like

I chose plan A and parted with the sense controllers and basestations because I was done waiting. Cut my losses. Still want the 8KX but I have a great 203 5K+ in the meantime and bought a used Vive for the controllers and BS.
My index controllers will arrive next week and in a few months a 8KX. I will also go for the eye tracker and maybe hand tracker too. But I no longer ‘need’ anything and that’s adding years to my life I think.

4 Likes

Once again though the faith paradox, so I’ll wait for news from other users with single base station ticket requests having gotten their order, or 8Kx confirmed deliveries, before deciding if I want to try Plan A for example, or wait more. You and I will have the same hardware after your index controllers arrive, and you give faith to pimax that they will deliver the 8Kx to you in a few months. That’s ok, whatever makes you feel comfortable is the right decision for you.

2 Likes

I joined the KS knowing Pimax’s 4K was a mixed bag and so only pledged the headset and added 1 base since they said it would suffice for 360 gaming.
They immediately missed their first timeline of some units delivering as early as Dec. In Jan 2018 CES showed more cracks in their companies abilities and I began closely (daily) watching this ineptitude unfold. Timeline after timeline missed. Excuses abound. Never saw so much fast dancing on the spot.
Bought a used Vive when Valve delayed their V2 bases. Bought Index as soon as Valve made them available in Canada. When my 5K+ arrived i was good to go. Lucky? A little. Paying attention? A lot.
“Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me”. Fool me 2 1/2 years? I don’t think so.
I like my headset and I continue to hope Pimax will eventually get it right, but I stopped believing them about mid 2018.

6 Likes

Well the only clear reason why I went for the 8Kx is because I tried the demo in Amsterdam and fell in love with the image. It was worth another gamble. That resolution is insanely pretty…

5 Likes

perhaps, but with it’s own set of flaws according to MRTV

slight distortion still
low frame rate limit of 75 at full native resolution

for now, I’m happy with my 5K+ which has slight distortion yea but at least can reach 120hz on normal fov. Only thing really that I think takes away from the image is screen door effect.

edit: When I say “takes away” I mean it can be a slight annoyance when you notice it ocassionally but in no way is it a deal breaker. Overall the image is more than acceptable and doesn’t compel me to want to upgrade yet to the 8Kx

1 Like

Then you’ll understand that the 8Kx is like the best upgrade to the 5K+
And as a father of 2 I have really only one hobby left with minimal time for it. So I’m just throwing money at this while only being able to play a few hours per week. So I want the best experience if I can’t have quantity

6 Likes

I get it, as I said whatever works for you and makes you happy.

1 Like