Weekly Update 3rd June 2020 Discussion

You can now expect to receive an email with your 8KX loaner return instructions. Please watch for this email and respond as soon as possible after you receive it.

!!!

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-june-3rd-2020/28337

9 Likes

I hope the extra set of testing next week doesn’t delay the shipments too much.

Be sure to check your Junk email folder.

Many of Pimax’s emails to me have shown up there, including the keys for 2 games which were promised during the Kickstarter. I think some of the reports of people not getting responses or keys may be due to this need to check the Junk folder.

9 Likes

Time to check my emails everyday and be disappointed.

7 Likes

It seems like unless it’s an error the first batches will be sent in the next 5 days. Any clue how many estimated to be in the first batch? @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

12 Likes

They will ship up to yours, but yours will be sent back for additional testing.

1 Like

My question: all first run SMAS are attached to Xs? Or are there going to be backer shipments at the same time?

3 Likes

I thought they would attach SMAS next week and then test… (more than 5 days I would guess since the SMAS needs to be there, attached and tested before it will go to shipping)

3 Likes

Great to see everything is progressing according to the recent plan. I’m getting jiggy with it.

Question: I will very gladly order the eye tracker when it becomes available. Can we backers get first in line again? Since it’s partially a stretch goal item too.

I did the whack-a-mole demo in Amsterdam and I really liked the experience and potential of an eye tracker. And if it can also aid in foveated rendering and/or distortion issues, I’m all the more excited!

2 Likes

How many units in a batch ?

12 Likes

Indeed, that was already implied by the last update. Though I count as many as six days, perhaps depending on timezone adjustment.

2 Likes

Yea I get the excitement over the 8Kx but…Nothing on the controllers progress, delivery of outstanding basestations, and the inexplicable reason as to why the Comfort kit has been “out of stock” on the Store-front for many many months. Baffling really.

Guess we’ll get that in PD3, when the stars finally align according to the Mayan 2020 Calendar.

5 Likes

Good question and how many will be in second batch :slight_smile: They must know this numbers at this production stage.
@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

6 Likes

Yeah I hope it’s at least a couple of hundred plus but who knows .

2 Likes

I am assuming it is a combination of coronavirus delays, the 8K+ shipping with the comfort kit, and building up stock for the eventual 8K-X shipments.

1 Like

That’s probably because the stock is limited and it’s all being diverted to the new headsets (including the 8K+).

2 Likes

It seems that they have removed the update. Not sure what that means.

What do you mean? The update is still there when I click on it…

1 Like

I still see it too. Perhaps there was some sort of connection issue. If so, it appears to be fixed.

Great to hear that the new facepad is more thin, I use the old one and get center distortion.