We were promised a January launch, we are at the end of July and we don't know what is going on

Dunno which one was first though. :slight_smile:
Eminem looks slightly different, but was a nice touch.

3 Likes

OK… so you think OP actually meant “locked down hardware” in an interview as being the same as “completed in Kickstarter”? I don’t think Pimax was making any announcements in Tested. And if anything, the CEO made lots of questionable comments and many including myself think that entire interview should have been through an English translator because CLEARLY there were language translation issues. But I don’t see the connection between your comment and that of the OP and myself… that’s if it’swe are discussing the same interview with Tested… I also don’t really remember Robin make such a claim to Tested but if you say so. Can you please quote what the CEO said that led you to believe Pimax was ready to go and be delivered to customers during that interview… thanks

1 Like

Coca-cola masgot. There was also a Max Headroom TV series. Was pretty good. Network TV stations ran the world. :beers::smiling_imp::+1::sparkles:

I don’t recall ever seeing the Max TV show but I do remember him on MTV (when it was about Music) and Coke commercials myself.

1 Like

Actually Max Headroom (played by Matt Frewer) was on Aussie TV as a talk show host in the early 89’s. He went on to make a Movie and a single season of The Max Headroom Show (20 minutes into the future).

He was quite the pop icon at the time, but never really managed to translate into the 90’s. I have the DVD collection of the Show from Amazon and still watch it from time to time…

1 Like

I did not read the OP nor many of the responses and I was not going to reply BUT I had to laugh that the thread went from the title subject to Max Headroom. Wonderful transition. Loved Max Headroom in the 80s when I was living overseas.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction. If i recall correctly Matt, & the Punk couple were consistent from movie to TV series.

Didn’t know Matt did a talk show. Just new the coke commercials, movie & tv series.

1 Like

We were never “promised” anything. Kickstarter is very clear that any dates are “estimated” dates, not promises. If everything went perfectly and the CES V4 prototype had been perfect, then they could have potentially started manufacturing in January, possibly getting a few shipped out by the end of the month. But as we’ve seen that didn’t happen, and Pimax decided to fix as many problems as possible and make the headsets as high quality as they could before shipping them out.

And I totally agree with this. Yes, I’m disappointed I don’t have my new toy already. But I’m going to be much happier with what they eventually ship than what I would have received in February.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter.

If somebody believe that Pimax is delaying the production (BTW who said they are not making the headsets as we speak?) because of nothing, he is fundamentally wrong. Any delay cost them money. And they are business. They need to make money or they are out. Delays mean that there are things that need (not can) be improved/fixed. This doesn’t mean that there is a showstopper.

I’m not expecting Pimax to report how many LCD panels they had yesterday and how many there are delivered today. So why people are asking about it?

4 Likes

Be cool if it was like star citizen official channel on YouTube. They have like a super long video almost every day. Evvvvveeeery daaaay.

1 Like

I feel so relaxed. I literally wont get to play with the thing REGARDLESS of when it’s released until around feb-mar of next year as I’m heading to the middle east for work. Makes it a hell of alot easier for me to weather the delays lol.

Now if come March were still in the dark then I’ll be a little annoyed hah

1 Like

Do you have someone in place to receive if it comes before hand?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll have people I trust watching my place and have cameras all around my property so I’ll be able to tell when it arrives and have them take it inside. Which is gonna suck having to wait knowing it’s already there but its also gonna be nice to come home to it waiting for me with hopefully a few patches on the software side already implemented to smooth things out.

1 Like

Well as long as its not equipped with Kitt AI ypu should be good. Lol

1 Like

No, we were not promised a January launch, can we for starters stop pretending that we did.

2 Likes

‘We’? Who is we? Are you representing all the backers?

Interesting. So this is probably the 1,734th thread in this forum on complaints about not being updated on the status. But I am sure this time it will all be different, and warrant that we post about yet again… :joy:

And please don’t let the fact disturb you, that Xunshu actually said today that they will provide an update this week. You are right, that kind of nasty disruption is best ignored, because it really doesn’t matter for this mantra-like repetitive threads what is happening out there… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please think when you write.

It is nothing personal. Just look at the OP. It is ‘we’, ‘we’ and another ‘we’. Then after some comments, comes your comment, also ‘we’, ‘we’ and ‘we’. And all the 'we’s in that are not a ‘we’ at all. The ‘we’ mentions are just a perception. It is just OPs and your own viewpoint and not ‘we’ at all. Both your views are opposite of eachother and both are claiming we as if you and him are the same group. It is not correct at all. Please stop using ‘we’ if you are not representing someone. There is no ‘we’.

2 Likes

@IrregularProgramming was aiming at the Op’s nonsense about “promise” being false.