We want full support for Luke Ross mods

Crysis would be great if also updated to have multi player available again.

1 Like

Luke said in a comment we getting an update tomorrow with pimax improvements :partying_face:

5 Likes

He has released the update and his mods definitely work better in the 8KX now. Thankfully PP is no longer needed which gives some performance back. I have my 8KX currently set to 60 hz mode and it actually feels like Horizon and RDR2 are running smoother than Quest 2 now. I imagine its because of the 72hz of the Quest. I look forward to the further improvements that he references which will come with help from Pimax engineers because the experience is already much improved now. I can actually see myself playing them with my 8KX now instead of the Quest 2 which definitely was not the case before.

6 Likes

Did you try the different FOV (Large or Medium)? Because only small FOV is working fine with 8KX.

:thinking:

Note: I just read Luke Ross post. Not support (Medium and Large FOV) for the moment.

1 Like

Yeah, I should have mentioned that in my post. I’m using small FOV. My 1080ti and 7700k wouldn’t be able to handle anything larger anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

im using poato for the extra sharpness,but the glitches as far as i can see are gone played red dead 2 for 2 hours and it was awesome,no more cross eye shadows or shaders etc,now we need that 4090 cause its still kinda blurry i would say 5000x5000 res will be perfect.

2 Likes

omg i just turned on DLSS to quality and in the mods menu turned up dlss sharpening to 100% and i uped the res to 3500x3500 and it looks insane now perfect sharp af before i couldnt see 2 meters in front now i can see very far far into the distance felt like doubling the resolution at no performance impact.

5 Likes

Definitely going to give it a try tomorrow :partying_face:

2 Likes

Wasn’t Lukes Cyberpunk mod pencilled in for Jan release? We’re past that now. Has he mentioned it (I’m not yet a patreon subscriber, i’m waiting for this mods release)?

Yes it was but he is working out some kinks because it is a very complex game so that’s why it isn’t released yet

2 Likes

Or we are going to need the new 12KQLed
I believe eye tracking and foveated rendering is going to be the game changer we need to be able to play allkinds of games max settings with no hardware limitations because there is much less computing power needed
Although I hope this will be something the hardware and software of the headset will be doing and not something that has to be implemented in games

2 Likes

I also hope that it will not require a certain GPU either. I don’t expect the GPU shortage to be over anytime soon so I don’t know when I’ll be able to move from my 1080ti.

1 Like

Well here in the Netherlands I was able to buy a RTX 3090 and had it delivered in about 3 weeks maybe because it’s a watercooled model but there definitely are new graphic cards available I have already built several computers in the last 8 months so if you really want one I hope you also live in the Netherlands because here you can definitely buy one

well they are available everywhere i think the problem is they are still 2x the price what they should be,in nov 2020 i payed less than half of what a 3080 is now in my country

If youre in the eu you can use the app Telegram, it alerts u to 3080/3080ti/3090 FE for sale at msrp at various resellers in different eu countries. Google “Telegram FE Part Alert”. I got my 3080ti at msrp this way.

2 Likes

Doesnt 60hz flicker kill your eyes

I use 60hz too and find it no difference to higher refresh rates. On my old G2 60hz used to have a strobing effect but not on my 8kx.

1 Like

I don’t notice any flicker at all. I suspect that I’m just not sensitive to it because a lot of other people have complained about that. I have played several different games since setting it at 60hz and haven’t noticed any difference in any of them.

1 Like

Well looks like we got our wish as Pimax stated they are looking into Luke Ross Mods and a list of technical changes that he suggested needed help from Pimax noted here on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/sfddng/pimax_update_29th_2022/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

What do you think?

1 Like

This will be quite cool.

1 Like