We can replace the metal hinge in 8KX for free if you have the needs!

SO4964
Thank God! Now I understand why it’s so uncomfortable! I thought my nose was too big :slight_smile:
Please add to the rest of my order (still waiting on base stations, index controllers, extra face mask and eye tracking, etc.) Thank you.

SO5093
I might have the biggest nose of all, so please send me the plastic hinges! Thank you!

1 Like

SO9541
I have not received my 8kx yet, could you please add the plastic hinges, just in case?

When is the ??? and don’t forget anything !!! SO4269 LG Specht

Hello I need it aswell ! Thanks mine is so unconfortable !! I hope it will solve the problem… SO4809

1 Like

Order:SO6628
Thanks.

Hi, a plastic hinge and thick foam please for order SO4734. No extra foam was in the box I received. Thank you.

Hi, please send the thick foam and plastic hinges with my DMAS package. SO4664

So, there will be another delay of all 8kx ready (for preorder) ? They must change metal with old plastic or what?

Order SO4665 could I have a replacement hinge and second face foam added to my backer box please, I only got one foam with my 8kx

Received my 8KX today and think its going to be great (once I’ve finished tweaking the settings). However, could you please send me the plastic hinges and the thick face foam as the MAS comfort is an issue.

Order # SO5193

1 Like

Order number SO7986, please send plastic replacement hinge.

I made a support ticket about this hinge issue a few days ago, but have not heard anything yet, so commenting here too. 8KX fitment comfort is currently very uncomfortable for me with the current hinge (possibly worse than cloth strap setup on my 5K+), as it does not slide far enough down on the back of my head, causing focused pressure points on the forehead and top couple of square inches of the rear foam padding. This also causes the bottom section of the face foam to lift off my face. So I’m really hoping these alternate hinge brackets fix this, so I don’t have to look into modifying (which no one should have to do). I also hope the plastic hinge design has been improved upon, as I remember it was stated as being a structural weak point and is why they were replaced with the metal hinges in the final version. So it would appear that corrected metal hinges would be the most ideal solution here? Going back to plastic does worry me knowing this, but if it is the only current solution, I’ll certainly take it.

Please send for SO4874:
-Replacement hinges
-Missing thick face foam
(hopefully eye tracking and deluxe audio is not far off being sent too)

Thank you.

3 Likes

I found plastic hinges in a seperate box with another headstrap

4 Likes

@vurbano
Could you please clarify? Are you saying you received your 8KX, and it also came with extra plastic hinges in the package?

1 Like

Are Pimax shipping the current batches with the plastic hinges included?

SO6029 would like both hinges and the thick face foam please.

Order number SO9321. Please send me plastic hinges and both thin and thick foam. Thanks

You know that box was probably from my old 5K+ and had the old headstrap and old hinges from the vive DAS mod. Sorry, I have so much stuff laying around and the boxes all look the same …black.

1 Like

SO4591. Please send plastic hinges.