We can replace the metal hinge in 8KX for free if you have the needs!

Add me to the list as well, but I would like them in addition to the metal set please. If the “low angle” version suits me fine I think they might be better for stability (?). If not I will need the option to change for the plastic ones. SO9620

2 Likes

I would like both sets of hinges also please. The posititioning with the metal hinges looks to be useless, but who knows until you try it? I think both sets should be included with every order just like with the two face foams. Much less trouble for Pimax in the long run. My order is SO5186. Thanks. Edit: I would like the thicker face foam also.

1 Like

I would like to have both hinges when my order ships. Preorder #P126997
Thank you :pray:t2:

2 Likes

so4844 thx 202020202002

1 Like

Hi, I confirmed that with my colleagues and they said that we will send plastic one by default later on.

About this, I am sorry that I haven’t got a clear-cut answer yet. But I will keep an eye on it.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone,

I am sorry that there are things that I can’t give you a direct “YES” yet. I need to talk to some people in my company and get approvement first.

But I did read all your comments. I didn’t mean to and will not ignore your comments on purpose.
Please give me a little more time to get answers for you. :hugs:

Thank you for leaving a comment here and you can keep doing that if there is anything else.

And thank you so much for all the suggestions you made.

I really am reading everything here and recording information. No worries for that part, please. :wink:

6 Likes

Order: SO9345
Thanks!

1 Like

Sales Order SO10578
Thanks a lot

1 Like

SO4898

I would prefer both hinges as well. Hard to tell which is best without trying them out. Thanks!

Why does the material of the hinge determine the maximum angle? If anything I would thing the plastic hinge is weaker, but it actually had the higher movement?

Why wasn’t this design finalized months ago? What an utter shambles.

SO7364 would like both hinges

1 Like

because they made a mistake with the design of the metal hinge. it’s not the material that makes it worse, it’s just easier to talk about the metal hinge and the plastic hinge than to talk about the hinge with the sharp corner and the bulge or the hinge that it mostly flat with the rounded cut out.

1 Like

Im not sure i understand the different since i dont have the 8kx in my hands yet or know how it fit my head.
However if possible i Like to order both the metal and plastic hinge
SO4781

Thank you in advance. :wink:

1 Like

I’d like both hinges please. Order #SO4817.

Thank you.

Plastic hinges and - if possible - please also metal hinges.
Order SO5172
Thank you very much!.

Hello,

Plastic hinges please
Order # SO4713

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,
Plastic hinges please
Order # SO4913
Thx !

1 Like

Just got my 8KX!

Sadly the 8KX does not fit my head with the thin face foam and metal hinges not allowing the supposed down-angle for the MAS

@Miracle Could you please send me the plastic hinges and the thick face foam (that should have been in the box)
Upgrade Order # SO4742

3 Likes

I would like to have both hinges when my order ships.

SO10421 thanx

Hi @hammerhead_gal, my order already shipped, should get it today.

Can we get a cad object file or blueprints of the plastic hinge so it can be 3D printed?

I’d like the plastic hinge as well if possible, SO5051.

1 Like

@hammerhead_gal is there any way to get the CAD printing as mentioned above also?

1 Like