Valve HMD coming up?

LMAOOO don’t try to fool yourself please. First off this is 135 diagonally (and not even confirmed, it might be 120 diagonally like what they were planning before Valve Develops Custom Lenses For Next Generation VR). Pimax is 200 diagonally. 200. (175-180 normal FOV mode). About the optics, maybe. But the sweet spot of the pimax is huge + has very little god rays. Kind of hard to beat…

ALSO, same res as vive pro. So will be same perceivable res as the OG vive because it covers over a larger field of view…I’m sorry but Pimax is still looking much better if these reported specs are true.

4 Likes

135° isn’t that bad. I mean normal field of view on the Pimax 8k and 5k+ is 150°, so 135° should be a nice bump for those using Vive and Rift.

Yes but Pimax 150° is horizontal and Valve 135° diagonal (?)

Besides I was just joking about the binoculars. :beers:

3 Likes

Yeah true. 20 characters.

Not sure how much this guy knows but he says his sources have told him

• Audio cones on the side - allow you to feel things (supposedly like inertia 04:20 )
  • plate on front is for future expansion? O.o
  • 150 FOV (04:30)
  • Resolution of panels higher than Vive Pro (04:35)
  • Selling at a competitive price or at cost
  • Will come with Half Life VR
12 Likes

Thanks really interesting content, consumer VR is in a down slop now it needs some game changer to stay a float until the technology mature. Don’t know if it’s a bad perception but none of the new VR games or application seems so hot on the Steam store and I look about every 3-2 weeks. Maybe Valve can act upon this.

Most interesting here is that Valve can be Selling at a competitive price or at cost because like Sony (PS4) or Microsoft (Xbox) the can make money on software and use the console selling scheme

2 Likes

I think one of the factors is space. If your doing Standing or Roomscale the space needed increases. Plus VR atm has a high cost in hardware required. Thus unlike sitdown & play multiplayer in person games not good for social meetups.

Yes I do think so…

VRChat seems to be popular

2 Likes

Hmm then it might be 150 diagonal, 135 horizontal. With higher than Vive Pro resolution, yeah then this might be a killer hmd

6 Likes

That Valve news network is a reliable source

The Spanish testers must be fizzing at the bung

2 Likes

how it can have “higher” res than Vive pro using the same Analogix 7530 that the Vive Pro uses but the Pro maxes this out already.

1 Like

“how it can have “higher” res than Vive pro using the same Analogix 7530 that the Vive Pro uses but the Pro maxes this out already.”

Reduce refresh rate or wait for the 7538/7539 (See updated info below)

ANX7538/39 samples are available in Q3 2018 and will ship in mass production in Q1 2019. Existing customers wanting to migrate to ANX7538/39 can use the ANX7530VH, which is pin-compatible and is available now.

Hum anybody see confirmation of this, information seems inaccurate??

the 7530 is a BGA 100 pin the 7538 169-BGA, 8x8mm, would be surprise that ANX7530VH is a special 169-BGA, 8x8mm version

4 Likes

They could use 1 per eye maybe? Or indeed wait a few months for the new version.

1 Like

BTW, I don’t think the Vive Pro is maxing it out already. The chip can handle 4K x 2K x 60Hz, so that’s 530,841,600 pixels/sec. The Vive Pro is only 2880 * 1600 * 90 = 414,720,000 pixels/sec, about 28% below what 1 chip can handle. So they could increase the resolution with 28% before maxing out the chip.

2 Likes

I’m turning my kitchen in to a VR room.
Can eat at the local pizzeria.
Edit. Or rather order the pizza and eat in the living room. I mean, who in the right mind would go OUTSIDE?

5 Likes

Yes but you can pass & share real :beer:. & Synthenhol is just fulfilling. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah this could be it indeed. Back in July engineering samples probably weren’t available. They could have them right now.

1 Like

Just found the real unit been distributed in January 2019 after CES

4 Likes

lol, 2014 202020202022

1 Like

Whatever the real specification, it will be a big boost for the VR industry, which really needs a boost, and Valve is the one to do it. If they make and sell VR hardware, they will be more focused on pushing VR software, which is cruxial to the development of VR.

5 Likes