Users that have both 8k and 5k+

I REALLY don’t get the 8K hate. Everything works flawless, no display problems and the SDE couldn’t look nicer. The pattern seems so natural and unobtrusive imho. Compared to my GO, it’s worlds apart.

11 Likes

You’re lucky! At least you’ve had a chance to try them both. I think that would make your choice clear. Personally, I’m torn, but I’m tired of waiting, so it’s a 5K+ for me after all.

4 Likes

It was not solved on CES booth and the Pimax people there did not even acknowledge to me that there is a known problem.

4 Likes

thanks man, yes i would have had the same doubts!, you can only try to imagine how you would experience the headsets. Yeah the waiting is killing, imaybe it helps to know you can always try the other one or swap them in the future with another backer. Here in the Netherlands i found someone who did get the 5k+ and we will look in depht at both headsets. he is also in doubt like you, already received a faulty 5k+ he asked for a replacement 8k but pimax refused that, so he will get an 5k+ back.
But anyway just an idea you can do yourself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But what about the clarity ? Can it get super sharp with high SS ?

I’ve changed back to 5K+ today because of the potential 8K delay and the fixed issue with the black dots. I keep changing back and forth so many times now I am beginning to feel I have some kind of Pimax disorder.

:tired_face:

3 Likes

Same here. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes. Most time I spend in the 8k (subnautica, Robinson, the Solus project nowadays) while the 5k is on my simrig. An iRacing friend used to triple screens tried it and he was blown away. He tried my OD and Rift before but didn’t like it. But this time he said he would like to switch to VR immediately… We’ll done, Pimax :+1::joy:

13 Likes

@mr.uu Post some more “fresh” reasons please aside from what it appears to be ease of use. It’s likely people who posted reviews early on have a slightly different view now that they spent more time with it and the software changes.

2 Likes

I have perfect eyesight and am able to see every pixel in the 5k. It doesn’t look clearer, just more pixelated for my taste. This is truly subjective of course, please keep on loving the 5k, as it’s ALSO an incredible headset.
To me, 8K is just way more beautiful and the pattern very elegant. It doesn’t come off as ‘grid-like’, hence it looks smooth and unobtrusive to me.

8 Likes

Don’t praise the 8k too much, @neal_white_iii has just switched to 5k+

5 Likes

And that is what I have been afraid of and why I was sticking with the 8k (until now that is). I also suspect Pimax is “done” with the 5K+ now and will focus all their resources into improving the 8K.

So I cancelled my switch to 5K+ and back in the 8K camp. You see. Pimax personality disorder… Pimax Support must really love me.

7 Likes

All important things said already. Both headsets are great. You will enjoy either. I do enjoy both. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

he can still switch back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hi, I’m in the same boat, I think I changed my pledge 5 or 6 times already and changed it today to 5K+ again. What was worrying me after Pimax announcement yesterday is that they didn’t started the 8K production yet and we have less than 10 before their New Year, so there is a big chance we won’t see 8K until March. And the information that they are just receiving new 8K screens can made them rush the production that can lead to delays or problems with quality control, not counting the risk that the screens could be better or worse than before.

1 Like

Has any device to switch between both headset immediatly?

No need. Two PC sharing same room and lighhouses. Therefore i can not have both active at the same time (both 6dof. One 3dof and one 6dof works). Lighthouses do connect to the headset it seems.

The way i see it, the waiting time is not a good reason to switch. For now you have the feeling of endless waiting, but keep the long term into perspective, you will be happy then you went with your gutfeeling, just an advice( to @neal_white_iii also)

5 Likes

I understand but I’ve been jumping this fence so many times… One reason for me is that because of circumstances, I may be stuck with my 1070 for a few months, so 5K+ now looks better for me. It’s not the end of the world, and I’m sure there will be better headsets in future, like 8K+ or 5K+ OLED or greedy Samsung will make their anti-SDE available for others.

1 Like

ah oke, if you don’t bother to much than either headset will be fine and we don’t know yet how brainwarp will work also…