Upgrade "One Offs"

Ticket #19575

I backed the 8k, downgraded to the 5k, and also backed controllers(no basestations).

I would like to know the cost of two things:

1. Upgrading to the Index controllers
  2. The cost of the 8k+

Thanks

Here comes my pledge:

I have pledged one total amount as advised by Piamx at the time to pledge for the following deliverables:

primary pledge: [Limited Edition] 8K X ($699)

Additional pledges:
8K (swapped for a 5K+ subsequently)
2 Controllers & 2 Base Stations
Hand-Tracking Module
10m cable
(shipping)

I sent Pimax Support two tickets, the first with a number of questions, including the options for me to use one of my two sets of stretchgoals to buy the loaner 8K (with an additional 200$ payment obviously), and request to have the base stations ship immediatelly to me and not wait to ship together with the controllers sometime in the coming years.

When I got no response, I simplified it to focus on the base stations shipping.

Ticket no. #20,957.

Matthew confirmed the option to get the base stations ahead of the controllers:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-please-tell-me-how-to-send-back-my-loaner-unit-or-ill-never-receive-my-8kx-love-generic/23265/202

And he confirmed in this thread that those, who used their one Kickstarter account to pledge for two headsets will receive two sets of stretchgoals (which should be obvious because we have two headsets needing the MAS etc. and paid exactly the same amounts as anybody else would have using two separate Kickstarter accounts):

In the meantime I don’t really care too much about retaining the loaner 8K because I would just try to sell it off right-away and I am not sure that I would get more than the value I can get out of 200$ + the ebay value of the stretchgoals. And I am pretty sure they’ll pitch that “purchase your loaner” option again when providing the shipping instructions for the return anyhow…

Happy Tuesday all,

So, I finally got a reply, but again it was from Sally and again it was zero help:

Hi backer,

Sorry for the late reply.

Since we have more than 1000 tickets to reply, we may have missed your message

**I also backed another set of controllers so I would like to know my choices for upgrades. **

=> You can choose Plan F upgrade to Index controllers and base station,here is the link:https://backer.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/xpp2-208-0012-backer-upgrade-plan-f-324

Thanks for your support and have a nice day!

Best regards

Sally

I’m going to lay this out here and hopefully Matthew can see it and help because responding to her again will get the same answer that I have gotten twice. Here is the break down:

I backed the 8KX at $739 ($699 for the unit and $40 for shipping)

I did the full package upgrade which was $300 more, plus $30 more for shipping. Great. So at this point, I could upgrade to the index controllers, perfect.

BUT, the question is because I backed an ADDITIONAL 2 controllers for $210 ($200 for controllers and $10 shipping) that I added to my pledge. The reason I backed two sets of controllers was at that time there were thumbstick controllers and trackpad controllers planned. I am more than happy to do what is easiest, but these responses that aren’t answers are the reason “we have more than 1000 tickets to reply” in the first place. If they aren’t answered they will remain in limbo.

@Heliosurge, is it possible to get some eyes on this since it is relatively time-sensative? I want to get this done quickly before the plan G option is gone. If it is easiest, just refund me the $210 that I “over-backed” for the controllers, and then I will use that money toward the $179 index upgrade on plan G.

Also, I have not seen an option for backers to pay for/upgrade the headphones to the deluxe headphones. Will this be offered? Thanks.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree we need to have “One Offs” looked at by someone who has better understanding of what is being asked.

@Matthew.Xu is there a way to have the One Offs better assigned? Otherwise these tickets will not be resolved quickly & efficiently.

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe Matthew should deal with those personally

4 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the reply

1. what is the 10m cable for? For the 8k or for the 8kx?

2. since I can receive strech goals for both headsets, i would not need 2 prescription frames and cooling fan and 2 eye tracking , if i can use only 1 for both headsets.

Is it possible to use the same prescription frame and cooling fan and the same eye tracking , for both headsets ? If that is possible, i would not need 2 of them. Can i receive 1 prescription frame and cooling fan and 1 eye tracking, instead of 2 and get a cupon ?

1. Also for base stations and controllers, how many would i get? Would I get 2 sets or 1 set?

2. which type of pimax controllers will be available? I do not want index controllers, i want pimax controllers.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Aaron, I told Sally two things about you, Sally will reply to you in your ticket. Thank you.

3 Likes

I apologize for the inconvenience.

For this $210, we will provide you with coupons of the same value.

What do you want to upgrade? I told the team to deal with it directly.

Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes
  1. Not yet, the project has been postponed.

2. No, you can only choose to keep or opt-out of the all stretch goals, please refer to the upgrade plans.

3. This will be based on your pledged during the Kickstarter.

4. Pimax sword controller.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Hey Matthew, no worries. Thanks for the response.
My perfect scenario (which would result in giving you guys more money) would be:
Upgrade my full set to index: $179
Coupon for second set of controllers: -$210
Upgrade head strap to deluxe audio: $100 (guessing that is the price since it is the difference in the headsets) plus shipping.

That would mean I would owe you guys another $69 plus whatever the new head strap shipping. I have a loaner now that I would like to send back and keep my stretch goals.

So once all said and done it would end up with 8kx with deluxe audio head strap, and the full package upgrade of two base stations and two index controllers. Just let me know. Looking forward to it.

I have forwarded your reply to Sally, she will try to apply for you according to your request.
I think she will get back to you no matter what. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

Hi Matthew,

Please be so kind to remind Elena to come back on my emails too - I pointed her to your statement (
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-please-tell-me-how-to-send-back-my-loaner-unit-or-ill-never-receive-my-8kx-love-generic/23265/202) but no response yet.

When can we finally expect the base stations to be delivered to us ?

I am desperately awaiting them.

Thanks

Axa

Hi Neal, @TrevorVR, they did fix my disappeared order but i didn’t get an answer about the coupon from my pledges from Matthew. So what i assume (although it doesn’t sound right apparently to Matthew also) the policy is that it is not possible to use the seperate pledges toward the 8k+/8kx. I assume that because sally comfirmed with her leader, and saying nothing usually means No I remember from doing business with chinese company’s before.
I don’t want to make a problem out of it, there allway’s will be things we don’t understand from company’s and pimax did handle other things generously for me. Also i like to grand pimax there profit, as i know myself how much time and effort development cost. But it would just be nice to get an official statement about it @PimaxUSA Kevin can you state for the comunity about what the policy is about trading in the loose pledges toward the new HMD?
Neil maybe you can open a ticket about it if you would like to do the same?

4 Likes

Hi @jeroen, @Matthew.Xu assured me that I could transfer the cost of the 1 base station, which I added to my pledge to the purchase price of an 8KX. I have submitted a ticket, but not yet received a reply. I’m in no particular hurry, as long as I get the coupon prior to the end of the backer’s discount for the 8KX. After I get the coupon, I’ll place my order.

3 Likes

Oke it seems there are different views within the company. That’s why it’s important there will be an official statement.
(Edit) can you notify me what the response is from support? It’s not about the money but one can understand i got a really bad feeling from hearing this

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu Surely you mean Sword Sense for backers?

5 Likes

Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the reply. Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Matthew Help!!!

I did what I was supposed to do to get a $85 upgrade coupon for declining my 1 base station

My coupon came after a 2 week wait last week. I just tried to use it to order a 8KX and it does not work. The message is
" Expired or invalid code"

Why does this have to be so hard???

Can you help? It took 3 weeks to get this far! MY support ticket is #19949

@Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To speed up customer service, respond quickly to ticket and after-sales services, etc.

This week, two new staff came to the service team, and we are training them on how to deal with pre-sales and after-sales tickets quickly, so it may lead to no response situations.

If you have a ticket that needs to be dealt with in a timely manner, please let me know and I will send it to them immediately.

The long no response situation is bound to improve next week.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I’ve told Sally to dealing with your ticket right now. Thank you.

2 Likes